Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Troneas
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: No more zoom on cam after 4.4.2 update

The title say it all .. what's the issue does it have a fix for that ?!

http://i57.tinypic.com/iyfrxv.png

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-01-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Default Re: no more zoom on cam after 4.4.2 update

pinch my friend... pinch.
    Thanked by 2:
    coronaboy10 and ajua like this.

Default Re: HTC One: No more zoom on cam after 4.4.2 update

You just have to use pinch now to zoom in and zoom out there is no longer a slider.

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

When I tried pinching, then the slider appeared, presumably to make finer adjustments. I've decided to never use zoom because of the grainy results. Better to otherwise crop the final pic.

Sent from my CM 10.1 Touchpad using Tapatalk

HTC did Release a letter asking Sprint Users not to download the update that was just PUSHED to Users... A final update is being pushed out on the 11th or 14th... Have fun installing another update.... Sprint Also Confirmed it in the forums... That you MAY CHOSE to download the update, but its at your own risk

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    HTC did Release a letter asking Sprint Users not to download the update that was just PUSHED to Users... A final update is being pushed out on the 11th or 14th... Have fun installing another update.... Sprint Also Confirmed it in the forums... That you MAY CHOSE to download the update, but its at your own risk
    Not accurate

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    Link?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Banned

I haven't had any problems with my unrooted Sprint One before nor after Kit Kat.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta

Stock unrooted no issues

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

well it may a problem that only is limited to some devices, try you customer care i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by roidfab0920 View Post
    well it may a problem that only is limited to some devices, try you customer care i guess.
    what problem?

Pinch doesn't work on HTC One. It now turns it to front camera which sucks.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSmithy1 View Post
    Pinch doesn't work on HTC One. It now turns it to front camera which sucks.
    Pinch works on mine. You must have swiped across the screen to open the FF camera. And it does bring up the zoom slider too.

I had same issue, I would swipe all over the screen moving the auto focus box erratically, and eventually zoom slider would appear.

Here's the trick, just BEGIN a two finger swipe (two fingers swiping inwards towards each other, since camera defaults to zoomed out fully) and that will bring out the slider.

Then, use slider, or keep two finger swiping.

I definitely wish zoom slider was always visible. Quite often I'm holding phone in a way that it's much easier and practical to use slider. I can't hold phone and swipe with two fingers with one hand, simultaneously! But can with the slider.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminBlue View Post
    I had same issue, I would swipe all over the screen moving the auto focus box erratically, and eventually zoom slider would appear.

Here's the trick, just BEGIN a two finger swipe (two fingers swiping inwards towards each other, since camera defaults to zoomed out fully) and that will bring out the slider.

I definitely wish zoom slider was always visible. Quite often I'm holding phone in a way that it's much easier and practical to use slider. I can't hold phone and swipe with two fingers with one hand, simultaneously! But can with the slider.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminBlue View Post

This worked for me! Thank you!

Hope there aren't any other surprises with this update I didn't know I didn't have to install.