- 23 Posts
My Canadian Bell Mobility HTC One M7 just got upgraded to 4.4.2
ART runtime was taken out of firmware by Bell Mobility , I presume.
Do HTC One's from other carriers have the ART vs Dalvik option ?
My N7 2013 has 4.4.2 with ART and it's GREAT.
Thanks for your replies
- 02-02-2014, 09:28 PM #2
Re: ART runtime
Don't have a One. I do find this odd though, so I'm commenting just so I can follow the thread.
I wonder if ART isn't "stable" enough to keep Bell happy? Or don't want to be bothered with having to train tech support to deal with possible issues arising from using it (as opposed to Dalvik)?"I can only see half of what's going on
But i'm alright
'Cause I can still smile"
Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
- 02-02-2014, 09:45 PM #3
Last edited by UJ95x; 02-03-2014 at 10:39 AM."We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 02-02-2014, 09:58 PM #4
- 681 Posts
Re: ART runtime
my international unlocked version does not have the option to select between art and dalvik so i presume the decision was made by htc.
there is a way to enable it, though:
[MOD][DEV][HOW-TO] Enable Android Runtime (ART) - xda-developers
EDIT: or maybe not... people on that thread have experienced issues with that solution. if you really want it, i am sure the solution is out there somewhere, though.
- 02-03-2014, 03:09 AM #5
- By born2fly32 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2014, 02:02 PM
- By w5cyc in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 02-04-2014, 01:14 AM
- By MrAppleman in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-27-2014, 04:25 PM
- By beeare in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2014, 01:17 PM
- By Masheen in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 5Last Post: 01-24-2014, 08:58 AM