Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Troneas
  • 2 Post By JBeef
  • 1 Post By JBeef
  • 1 Post By VidJunky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Soooo.. how do I get rid of it?
    Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    try running a cleaner on your phone.


    SD Maid's system cleaner will look for ad files and remove them :


    then there is also the popular clean master :
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    try running a cleaner on your phone.


    SD Maid's system cleaner will look for ad files and remove them :


    then there is also the popular clean master :
    Many thanks!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    failing that, or even despite trying that, maybe consider running an AV as well.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Look for AdAway not in the Play Store.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    the problem with these adblockers is that they will only work on wifi, unless rooted.


    its nice to have if you do most of your browsing on wifi but they are not a 100% guarantee against ads.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    now i'm not sure what it is, but it's annoying and i didn't have anything like it since i got the phone...
    it's probably an ad, but it sometimes activates not while on the browser.. or am i wrong?

    it's something like "app of the week" with some purple background. could it be something that comes from the play store?
    cause it doesn't look like it.

    anyway all the cleaners didn't do anything.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    think of what you might have downloaded recently before this problem began.

    it might be an app you've given way too many permissions or junk you've downloaded from outside the play store... via torrent for instance.


    in any case try removing these latest downloads until the problem is gone. SD Maid can tell you which apps are currently running (in memory). that could give you a hint.



    in the worst case scenario you'll have to reset the phone to get rid of it so you might as well think hard what you've been letting into your phone lately. and did you run a AV check?

    another thing that comes to mind would be to delete your browser cache, history, and junk files. it might not be that but no harm in cleaning it up.
    Thanked by:
    rozroz 
    rozroz likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    think of what you might have downloaded recently before this problem began.

    it might be an app you've given way too many permissions or junk you've downloaded from outside the play store... via torrent for instance.


    in any case try removing these latest downloads until the problem is gone. SD Maid can tell you which apps are currently running (in memory). that could give you a hint.



    in the worst case scenario you'll have to reset the phone to get rid of it so you might as well think hard what you've been letting into your phone lately. and did you run a AV check?

    another thing that comes to mind would be to delete your browser cache, history, and junk files. it might not be that but no harm in cleaning it up.
    thanks once again.
    i'll try to think what i put into the phone the last days.
    but i can certainly say it could only be from the play store.
    and it DOES goes on while i'm not on the browser. it's activated randomly.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Damn its still active
    checked all active apps, uninstalled a few..
    So what's an AV check?
    Last edited by rozroz; 02-04-2014 at 02:01 AM.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    There are dodgy apps on the Play Store. An app being on the Play Store does not guarantee safety. Look at the reviews and number of downloads. If either are low don't bother. It has nothing to do with your browser being open. You've downloaded something that contains this on to your phone. You either need to run something like "AVG Anti-virus free" or uninstall apps you don't completely trust until it is removed. A factory reset will remove it. But this is an extreme measure. If you uninstall the app causing it, the problem should be fixed.
    Thanked by:
    rozroz 
    VidJunky and rozroz like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by JBeef View Post
    There are dodgy apps on the Play Store. An app being on the Play Store does not guarantee safety. Look at the reviews and number of downloads. If either are low don't bother. It has nothing to do with your browser being open. You've downloaded something that contains this on to your phone. You either need to run something like "AVG Anti-virus free" or uninstall apps you don't completely trust until it is removed. A factory reset will remove it. But this is an extreme measure. If you uninstall the app causing it, the problem should be fixed.
    AVG you say?
    ok i'll give it a go..
    ran it. didn't find squat
    still getting it.
    Last edited by rozroz; 02-04-2014 at 04:57 AM.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Then you're going to have to start uninstalling your most recent apps until it goes. Or factory reset. Before that though another thing you could try is go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators. Are there any apps with permissions there that shouldn't? You could also go Settings>Apps> then choose the option to reset app preferences.
    Thanked by:
    rozroz 
    rozroz likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by JBeef View Post
    Then you're going to have to start uninstalling your most recent apps until it goes. Or factory reset. Before that though another thing you could try is go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators. Are there any apps with permissions there that shouldn't? You could also go Settings>Apps> then choose the option to reset app preferences.
    thanks, did all that. so far it didn't pop up.

    *damn, popped up again
    Last edited by rozroz; 02-05-2014 at 03:14 AM.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    If they are ads and appear in your notifications you could also try AirPush from the Play Store. It detects apps that have push notifications and other apps that could be spying on you. As a last resort, as you mentioned, Factory Reset. Then add things back slowly beginning with the most trusted apps. It's a slow process but if your patient you can find it and avoid installing it again.

    I've already liked JBeef's suggestion of checking reviews, even at the Play Store. This is usually a good tool for finding problems, because people will usually post if an app has done them wrong. Just because it's at the Play Store does not ensure it's a completely good and just app.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
    Thanked by:
    rozroz 
    rozroz likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    If they are ads and appear in your notifications you could also try AirPush from the Play Store. It detects apps that have push notifications and other apps that could be spying on you. As a last resort, as you mentioned, Factory Reset. Then add things back slowly beginning with the most trusted apps. It's a slow process but if your patient you can find it and avoid installing it again.

    I've already liked JBeef's suggestion of checking reviews, even at the Play Store. This is usually a good tool for finding problems, because people will usually post if an app has done them wrong. Just because it's at the Play Store does not ensure it's a completely good and just app.
    well, at first i had some kind of notifications but they since stopped.

    now i still keep getting those AD windows randomly (Hebrew):
    started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time-screenshot.jpg
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: started getting some kind of spam ad loading all the time

    i think i found it!!
    it was on the APP settings, "all" list.
    called "best deals".
    but i can only disable it or kill it.
    how do i uninstall it completely?

    *hmm.. not so simple yet.
    i disabled this widget, and found it on SD Maid, but it says it cannot uninstall it.

    * no
    I guess it's not "best deals" after all..
    Keeps turning up.
    Last edited by rozroz; 02-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 223
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 11:51 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 09:22 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 07:27 AM

Posting Permissions

B