Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Problems after KitKat 4.4 update (WiFi and Google TTS)

I am using an HTC One with Rogers. Ever since the KitKat 4.4 upgrade, my WiFi doesn't work properly. I am not able to connect to WiFi access points. Attempting to connect to any WiFi network will give me the error "Failed to connect to network". I cannot turn off the WiFi either. The button will grey out for a while, and then remain in the On state. Rebooting the phone will give me back control of WiFi for a while, but it will soon not work again.

Also, since the 4.3 upgrade, my Google Text-to-Speech will continuously crash when I use Google Maps for navigation. Once it crashes, Maps will not be able to read out street names. I was hoping the 4.4 upgrade would fix this issue, but this is still broken. My wife's HTC One has the exact same issue.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Problems after KitKat 4.4 update (WiFi and Google TTS)

Nobody has any wifi or TTS problems on their One?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorne View Post
    Nobody has any wifi or TTS problems on their One?
    I do not have the update yet on mine but get it a few days to settle down. If it does not change then I'd do a hard reset. Sometimes its your only option.

hey there,

I also carry an international version of HTC one and also facing similar problems. My wifi doesn't connect on my home network all the time and it keeps toggling on and off. Sometimes it works but sometime it doesn't , i cant turn it off and turn it on with 100 % success rate. This problem started 2 days back but not right immediately after the KITKAT update.

I just updated to 4.4 and finally got the google apps to load . everything was fine till today , Now my wifi wont turn on . I can't tether either . The only other issue I have is that I can't send mms . Dont know if that has been since update yesterday or if its related to wifi . I have all other connectivity.. I am on a warp sequent

i am getting frustrated right now . it just turns for brief 2 mins on boot up and then acts like a *****.
    i have done via htc support
    1. clearing the cache through recovery
    2. factory reset

it still has the problems .
    Banned

My WiFi comes on by itself all the time! This only started after kitkat!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Never should've updated to KitKat so early! I was perfectly happy with Jelly Bean.

bump

any progress? my phone is completely useless now

Got the same problem here. Cant connect on my home wi-fi....help!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanana View Post
    Got the same problem here. Cant connect on my home wi-fi....help!
    just the home wifi ? can u switch on/off the wifi ?

My problem had just solved!

TRY this:
    WiFi - then 3 dots - WiFi Direct - 3 dots - Rename Device - HTC One.

Hope it helps.

i cant even click on the wifi direct

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

I've also been having problems with my WiFi the post week or so, though I only loaded Kit Kat yesterday which didn't solve my problem.

My phone will see and connect to Wi-Fi but show no signal and very little data throughput. If I'm sitting next to my wireless router it works with full bars but as soon as I leave the room it goes to no bars. Several other devices work fine anywhere in the house - my wife's iPhones, the Kindle, my Galaxy S3 from work, etc. My phone will see and connect to any wireless point, including Optimum and community Wi-Fis, but with no signal strength. It's quite infuriating. I'm afraid I'll have to send it in for a bad antenna or something.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorne View Post
    I am using an HTC One with Rogers. Ever since the KitKat 4.4 upgrade, my WiFi doesn't work properly. I am not able to connect to WiFi access points. Attempting to connect to any WiFi network will give me the error "Failed to connect to network". I cannot turn off the WiFi either. The button will grey out for a while, and then remain in the On state. Rebooting the phone will give me back control of WiFi for a while, but it will soon not work again.
    Also, my phone had this exact issue for a few months but had been working properly until a week ago or so. I still don't know what was fixing or causing these issues.

Posted via Android Central App

That solved my problem too....thank you so much.

Thanks,
    Renaming the device to HTC One with your directions cured my problem. Great help, much appreciated.

Talking Re: Problems after KitKat 4.4 update (WiFi and Google TTS)

Wow!!

I had exactly the same problem and due to the great tip/tutorial to rename the Wifi-Direct to HTC One, my WIFI WORKS!!!!! SOOO HAPPY!!

thx!
    Banned

My WiFi direct is greyed out and I can't open it

Banned

Never mind, had to turn WiFi on first!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I had this problem today and I only bought the phone (HTC One) this morning - worked fine, then 4.4 update magically appeared, of course I installed it, and have spent all afternoon trying to get the ohone to connect to wifi. Renaming the phone name in Wifi Direct didn't work for me, but a factory reset did. In fact, the phone has reset to 4.4.2, so I still have the update, but it wifi connection is now working as it should? Weird!

Thumbs up Re: Problems after KitKat 4.4 update (WiFi and Google TTS)

I'm with Vodafone in the UK and couldn't connect to WiFi after updating to Kit Kat but renaming to HTC One worked for me. Many thanks

I am still having this problem after the kitkat update.

since the update I have been unable to connect to my home network through wifi. it continually says: Saved, secured with wpa, then: connecting, then: Saved, secured with wpa. I have a laptop, Iphone4, ipad, and samsung tablet that all connect to the wifi just fine. I have power cycled the router. I have changed the passkey and retried, I've switched to no security - it still wouldn't connect to my wifi - it just says: saved. I can connect just fine to the wifi at the coffee shop, and to my corporate wifi which also requires a passkey. I've restarted the device with all kinds of combinations of forgeting, turning off wifi, etc. I've also done two factory resets in an attempt to reset the wifi. I'm running out of ideas. any advice would be appreciated.

I'm also having issues. No WiFi at all and I also noticed when I get a text the ring tone is all crackly. My battery also doesn't last as long as before. Major disappointment! I really wished I would have googled any kitkat issues before hitting update. It's so silly how well known this seems to be yet when you call HTC or tmobile they walk you through completely useless and time consuming steps that obviously do nothing. After resetting the phone my WiFi came back...for an hour then it was back to nothing. Renaming it did nothing either :/

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I was having the same issue, just started today. The rename of WiFi direct to HTC One worked for me as well, thanks.

Posted via Android Central App with the HTC One
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast