Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC or Samsung?

I upgraded next month and don't know if I should stick to HTC or Switch to Samsung. I've had the HTC Desire HD and currently have the HTC One X. Debating on HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Default Re: HTC or Samsung?

I would say the HTC One.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

HTC One if you want build quality and features you will actually use

The only thing I found that I liked more on the S4 over the One was the camera. But the One camera is pretty darn good itself, just not as good as the S4's.

Posted with my Moto X
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Cool thanks, can't fault HTC and really like the look of the One in Blue. Just hope I don't go for it and couple of weeks later they release the ONE M8

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

HTC One is better this year IMO. So if it's between then 2 phones then I would go with the One. Still loving my device.
    Jimmy Walker likes this.

Having just recently got my One and then 2 weeks later, setting up my mums Samsung S4.....HTC One definitely.

I wanted to throw that Samsung across the room numerous times as it just didn't make sense to me. I found it lagged more than the one as well.

But the thing that set me off completely was that you couldn't change the bottom row of shortcuts....at all.

I personally love the HTC products. I have had the EVO, EVo 4G LTE, and now the ONE. I love the solid build of thier products. I for one like Sense. I approceiate HTC being on the ball recently to provide updates quickly and being transparent about the process. My wife jumped ship and went from the EVO to the Galaxy 3. She is on her second one as the screen cracked on the first one and the second one now has a small crack. Several people at work with Samsung have cracked screens as well. I just don't think there are built as well.

If you can upgrade in March, might as well wait to see the Samsung s5 and new HTC One (M8)

Habiib likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by croaker68 View Post
    If you can upgrade in March, might as well wait to see the Samsung s5 and new HTC One (M8)

Croaker is also correct. If that is when you upgrade then I'd say wait it out!

If your upgrade is next month I say you wait for the HTC One-2 and the S5 reveals before making your decision.

HTC One. The S4 is not as fast as the One.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

The One and Only Choice is The One and Only Choice is The One and Only Choice.......

not really a fair discussion if you post this in the HTC One forum looking at the leaked images of the HTC One (M8) it seems to have two cameras at the rear, which will be interesting to see what they do with it

Wait for the Galaxy S5 and HTC M8 release before you make a decision, unless you are on a budget

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAndroid View Post
    Having just recently got my One and then 2 weeks later, setting up my mums Samsung S4.....HTC One definitely.

I wanted to throw that Samsung across the room numerous times as it just didn't make sense to me. I found it lagged more than the one as well.

But the thing that set me off completely was that you couldn't change the bottom row of shortcuts....at all.
    If you're referring to the dock, you actually can move the icons. Just not the app drawer shortcut
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Denisew 1972 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Also, installing another launcher, like Nova helps too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    UJ95x likes this.

I have both s4 and htc one but htc one is way better.

Sent From S4 I9500 Crash Rom V 13.0

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

I usually upgrade my smartphone around the 1-year mark, and I'm close to that now. I've looked at the different Android phones available, and I still think my current HTC One is the best of all of them. I really like the aluminum body construction as it reminds me of the high-quality build of the Apple products. The only other phone I would consider at this time is the Google Nexus 5, since it has similar specs to HTC One and actually exceed them a bit in processor speed, wireless charging, etc.

So my advice: Get the HTC One over the Samsung smartphone, or wait as other have stated for the next incarnation of the HTC One (M8).

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    If you're referring to the dock, you actually can move the icons. Just not the app drawer shortcut
    Yes the dock. Can't move them dude. My friend has had her S4 for a while now and found out she can't either (and then got very annoyed lol). Tried long pressing them from different screens and all that jazz. I think I read somewhere that some handsets on some carrier in the US could do it (I'm in Australia), but everyone else was locked out for some reason.

Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Yes the dock. Can't move them dude. My friend has had her S4 for a while now and found out she can't either (and then got very annoyed lol). Tried long pressing them from different screens and all that jazz. I think I read somewhere that some handsets on some carrier in the US could do it (I'm in Australia), but everyone else was locked out for some reason.
    Try downloading a different launcher like Nova.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

HTC one is ugly go with Samsung s4

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Err, not sure what was wrong with her phone then. I have a T-Mo S4 and I can move them around my long pressing them. Same with my cousin's and my mom's S4...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post

Wow that's a first! In what repect to you is the htc one ugly? To me it's the most attractive phone ever made! Awesome aluminum build quality!

LindtChocolate likes this.

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post

S4 is flimsy plastic, but a nice display. HTC One is a finely sculpted piece of art lol

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
    Jimmy Walker likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast