HTC One: App updates cause apps to move from created folders in app menu.

williamw1987

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've notice after a big list of app updates, all apps that were once in folders have now dropped beneath the folders in the app menu.

I've not notice this happen before, just wondered you guys knew of a way to sort this out please?

Many thanks!

Matt

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC One : App updates cause apps to move from created folders in app menu.

Hey guys,

I've notice after a big list of app updates, all apps that were once in folders have now dropped beneath the folders in the app menu.

I've not notice this happen before, just wondered you guys knew of a way to sort this out please?

Many thanks!

Matt

Posted via Android Central App

I am sorry but I have read this over and over and I still don't understand what you are asking. Maybe that's why no one has replied?

williamw1987

May 1, 2013
Visit site

Fair enough! I'll simplify as best I can... I'm updating apps through the app store, but after these are updating, they're causing the app shortcuts to move from the folders in the app drawer to just the app drawer/menu (I think that's what it's called). I.e. it's losing it's folder structure after updating apps.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry but I think ram has hit the nail on the head. I see you only have 7 posts 3 of which are in this thread. Meanwhile the app drawer is the center grid button at the bottom of your home screen. There is no way to group or put apps into folders in this view. On your home screen you can create folders and and group apps. Now if that is what you're talking about my next question is are you using stock folders? I'm using an app called Application Folder and have not had this happen regardless of how many apps update. That could be your answer to how to prevent this from happening. There are tons of 3rd party apps to create folders at the Play Store. Beautiful Widgets is one that is very popular but there are others as well. If you are wanting folders for your home screen and the stock folder system is failing you that would be where I'd look. If I'm/we're still not getting it try posting a screen shot of it so that we can better see what you are talking about.

To take a screen shot Press and hold the power button and then press the Home button before the options show up. You can post pics from your phone if you are connected to a pc with a USB.