HTC One: Android 4.4.2 update

Rexford Dery

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One Android 4.4.2 update

Hi Paul627g,

I got my OTA update on my phone this morning to update, the download goes without a hitch but gives me an error that 'cant mount sd card' bla bla when updating..
my device is rooted though?
Any ideas how to resolve it?
Thanks

Rexford Dery

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Any one with any idea of how to solve the OTA issues i am facing updating my rooted HTC one? please help... i have the notification to update everyday but gives an error every time i try. I seem to get the impression those of us with rooted handsets are facing similar problems.... Thanks for any help i can get!

angela brown84

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm having the same its telling me that it due an update and when downloaded the error message is that it's been unsuccessful and the reason given for it is corrupted! How is this happening an what have you done so far? Have you overcome this problem and if so how?

Edward Gordon

May 21, 2014
Visit site

thanks ever so much for this, been struggling with the issue for some time and this fixed it on the spot, much appreciated :)

Brizer

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Fix worked fine on my HTC One M7. Now running 4.42 thanks very much. I've been trying to get that update issue fixed for weeks. :)

Ben Atuluku

May 31, 2014
Visit site

Me too! Been unable to move from the original 4.1.2 my HTC came with. Have thus not been able to even update to 4.2.1, not to talk of anything kit kat. Consider yourself lucky. I have the international model too. Pinkish hue on camera when artificial or low light ...

Ben Atuluku

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the same software update problems. Still stuck with the original 4.1.2 that came with the phone. It's an international model. Even called HTC and was told to do all kinds of basic stuff, including factory reset, but no show...., finally asked me to send the phone to Dubai or London to their service centre. ... No dice...I read on the internet that it will take no less than 3months to fix and then return .... Any suggestions?

Connan Cho

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

ok so here is my solution for people who have rooted and s-off htc one's, you just need to flash the stock recovery! here is how to do that:

1. hold power and vol down buttons until screen goes black, when screen goes black release the power button and keep the vol down button pressed
2. when you are in bootloader menu navigate to fastboot with vol down and press power
3. open cmd in the folder you have your fastboot.exe stored in with shift rightklick
4. type "fastboot getvar cid" to get your CID (without the " of course)
and "fastboot getvar version-main" to get your current firmware
5. go to this xda thread and search the stock htc recovery matching your information: [Collection][GUIDE] HTC One Stock Recoveries - xda-developers
6. copy it into fastboot folder and flash it by typing "fastboot flash recovery ---your downloaded file----.img"
7. reboot and search for new updates, then let it install one after one.
DSC_0079.jpg

i had the update problem before but you dont need s-off or something else just the stock recovery flashed. good luck :)

Last edited:

Shane Fouche

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Solution for HTC One update unsuccessful:
I did the following and it worked perfectly on my phone

Settings > App > All (Tab) > Updater
- Choose Force Stop
- Clear Cache and Data
- Restart & try again and it should work.

jj_jayanti

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
i'm using htc one and i update my phone to 4.4.2 S.N. 4.19.1540.4 version when i done update i have problum with my battery status it show 1% . now i'm not able to to update because it show me ur battery is not not able to update plese charge ur phone. when i'm go to recovery mode it show normal

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
After having tried all possible solutions that I read on the forums, nothing worked for my wife's HTC One M7. Got the corrupted update message all 20 times that I tried. Even after hard reset, the problem persisted. What DID work for me though, was setting the phone on Airplane mode and enabling the WiFi on this mode. The dowload went smoothly and got the phone working to the latest update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007