might get the HTC one is it good?

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Might have to switch to sprint because I need unlimited data so was wondering if the htc one is a good one. I know the music and volume is amazing just need to know anything else with it. I have the droid maxx with Verizon now which has an amazing battery and I saw that the HTC one doesn't have the best battery. Anyone know how to root the htc one to improve battery life on it And make it last longer then a day.

Posted via Android Central App

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One is easily one of the best Android phones on the market. Build quality is great, phone is super fast and sound is great. Battery life is decent, but nothing to write home about. I cannot speak on rooting as I never rooted it, however there are plenty of threads about rooting and ways to increase battery life.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I love it. This is the first Android phone I've had as a daily driver instead of a back up toy and it's been great. I wish I were back on Sprint with it myself instead of T-Mobile. It would be fantastic on Sprint!

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am using my HTC One on the Sprint network and I love it. I am located in Allen, Texas which is just North of Dallas. I have 4G service up here and it works quite well. At home I do use my wifi connection even though I do have unlimited data with Sprint. Old habits are hard to break :) I'm not sure where you are located but like I said I don't have any problems with my HTC One nor do I have problems with Sprint. Good luck.

Edit-I am not a heavy user but I usually get 2 days on a phone charge. Sometimes even 3. I wouldn't worry about the battery on the One.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Chicago suburbs but I worry cause I have a 3500mAH batter and in 5 hour screen time I was at 50% battery with the phone being off the charger for 15 hours so I don't wanna give that up but I need unlimited data. Is sprint good honestly? I have two days to cancel Verizon since I'm still in the 14 days so idk. I kiss my unlimited data with att that I had but kept losing service in my room so I had to switch companies. I'm just worried the HTC one will not last longer then my iPhone 5 did on att since I'm considered a heavy user

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i have an htc one and love it.

if battery is extremely important to you as it appears, perhaps you shouldn't risk it. its not the htc one's strong suit even though its acceptible to most people.

perhaps you should look into the moto x.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Might have to switch to sprint because I need unlimited data so was wondering if the htc one is a good one. I know the music and volume is amazing just need to know anything else with it. I have the droid maxx with Verizon now which has an amazing battery and I saw that the HTC one doesn't have the best battery. Anyone know how to root the htc one to improve battery life on it And make it last longer then a day.

Wait for the HTC One-2 coming this march. It'll be better.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Chicago suburbs but I worry cause I have a 3500mAH batter and in 5 hour screen time I was at 50% battery with the phone being off the charger for 15 hours so I don't wanna give that up but I need unlimited data. Is sprint good honestly? I have two days to cancel Verizon since I'm still in the 14 days so idk. I kiss my unlimited data with att that I had but kept losing service in my room so I had to switch companies. I'm just worried the HTC one will not last longer then my iPhone 5 did on att since I'm considered a heavy user

I'm in Chicago too. I was on Sprint and swapped over to T-Mobile for the ability to swap SIM cards between phones. But, I'd go back to Sprint in a heartbeat just for reception. I got such better signal on Sprint - especially when driving across state and up through WI - simply because CDMA signals travel farther than GSM. Even in the burbs, I drop calls in T-Mo. Verizon is CDMA just like Sprint, but for the pricing I'd go Sprint over Vz.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Chicago too. I was on Sprint and swapped over to T-Mobile for the ability to swap SIM cards between phones. But, I'd go back to Sprint in a heartbeat just for reception. I got such better signal on Sprint - especially when driving across state and up through WI - simply because CDMA signals travel farther than GSM. Even in the burbs, I drop calls in T-Mo. Verizon is CDMA just like Sprint, but for the pricing I'd go Sprint over Vz.

Might have to think about it

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the south suburbs of Chicago and get good reception with Sprint everywhere I go generally. 4G LTE is the norm and it's rare that it drops to 3G.

But with the One, with 5 hours of screen time you would probably have killed the battery already. If you use your phone that much, you're probably better off sticking with what you have.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
even with rooting it? I heard you can make the htc one last like 10 hour screen time if you root it correctly. I don't know why my iphone seemed to last longer then any of these androids its really a mystery to me. maybe cause I was just so used to throwing it on the charger all the time.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
even with rooting it? I heard you can make the htc one last like 10 hour screen time if you root it correctly. I don't know why my iphone seemed to last longer then any of these androids its really a mystery to me. maybe cause I was just so used to throwing it on the charger all the time.

I'm not into rooting, but I don't see how it could possibly affect the battery life against screen on time. The screen is either on or off...

Perhaps you can get a little more screen on time by reducing battery drain during standby, but 10 hours of screen on time seems far fetched.

I never let my phone get that low, but I don't think I can manage more than about four hours of on screen time on a single charge. And this is only with texting/emails, web surfing, and a few miscellaneous apps. I don't play any action games on my phone.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the south suburbs of Chicago and get good reception with Sprint everywhere I go generally. 4G LTE is the norm and it's rare that it drops to 3G.

But with the One, with 5 hours of screen time you would probably have killed the battery already. If you use your phone that much, you're probably better off sticking with what you have.
Good point about the drain. I forgot there is a bit more on those networks, but it's something to think about when weighing the options.

You can increase the battery time a bit by having a shorter timeout for the screen, turning off data-roaming, limit the number of email accounts syncing (and any other app that syncs). If I were really concerned about battery, I'd probably spring for the Mophie Juice Pack... but that's a pretty pricy solution unless you are a road warrior.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally I love my HTC One and I would still recommend it to others but...

Coming from the max you may be disappointed and battery life. If battery is a key feature for you I would suggest checking out the G2

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Aww man, we had just figured out that you're Maxx was getting great battery life.
Anyway, rooting won't help much with screen time. I seriously doubt it'll get much more than 7. And that would be a rare case, since most people get around 4-6.
Again, not going to come anywhere near the Maxx.
You could wait until the next One is released in the next few months, or you could get the Note 3 or G2. Both of which have far better battery life than the One.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy