Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AussieAndroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera tint issue, in warranty but Customer Rep.says

Hi,

I have a HTC One with ATT in warranty.
    I called HTC One customer care about the camera tint issue and they asked me to send the phone to get it fixed.
    When I told that my phone has a crack on screen they said that I have to get it fixed in order to get the camera fixed and since the screen is not under warranty I have to pay for it. I said I jsut want the camera to be fixed since the crack is very small.
    I understand that I have to pay for the screen but don't want to get it fixed since it a very small crack. But the Customer care rep. insisted that I need get the screen too if I wanted to camera to be fixed.

Is this true? Do I need to get screen fixed to get the camera fixed?

Thank you for the time.

Default Re: Camera tint issue, in warranty but Customer Rep.says

it sounds likely.

they want to return the phone to you in prime condition and they don't want you to claim *they* broke the screen when you sent it to repair the camera.

by agreeing to pay for the screen repair you are acknowledging it was you who broke it.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I was told the same thing; if there are any nicks or scratches in the case, I have to agree in advance to pay to repair them.

Posted via Android Central App

That is so lame.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Also, take into account they have to dismantle your phone. In the process, there's the possibility an already broken screen will disintegrate during the process. They have to cover their arses :P
    dancing-bass likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAndroid View Post
    Also, take into account they have to dismantle your phone. In the process, there's the possibility an already broken screen will disintegrate during the process. They have to cover their arses :P
    This is why you have to have the screen repaired. If it's cheaper to have a local shop repair the screen, do that first before you send it in. Either way, the screen will have to be removed from the body/housing to repair the camera - it doesn't matter if it's cracked or not, it will have to be taken out. If it's already cracked the screen WILL be completely destroyed when they remove it, which means it will have to be replaced. Since it was already damaged AT&T is perfectly within their rights to charge you to replace it, since it was a pre-existing damage not covered under their warranty. I'd see what the cheapest option is for repair before sending it in.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

It would be so awesome if they sent you a clean remanned unit back instead a actually repairing yours... Sort of how apple does... C'est La Vie

Quote Originally Posted by whoahbro View Post
    It would be so awesome if they sent you a clean remanned unit back instead a actually repairing yours... Sort of how apple does... C'est La Vie

maybe they do send you a refurbished phone... but they still need to replace your old phone's screen.