Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Default HTC one data issues

Anyone know how to get the data satellite dish indicator to ho away? Something is sucking data and I can't figure out what it is. I've shut down and restarted my phone. Uninstalled new apps that I thought could be doing it. Nothing is working. Any help would be great.

Sent from there can only be HTC One
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC one data issues-1392394083581.jpg  

Default Re: HTC one data issues

Well that little icon could be indicating what's eating your battery but that is the GPS icon. Data is represented by 1x, 3G, 4G or some portion of the WiFi icon depending on signal strength. To turn off GPS, or on, use the two finger gesture and pull down the notification bar or use one finger and pull down the notification bar and switch to the second page by pressing the grid in the upper right hand corner, (now this screen is customizable so you may or may not have the GPS option displayed). If the GPS option is displayed it should appear as blue indicating that it is active. If it is not displayed press the pad and pen upper right and scroll down below the line "hidden items" and drag it to the top or above that line. Press done and it will be displayed on the "Quick Settings" screen that you accessed earlier. You can also use one of the HTC widgets to add a shortcut to your home screen that will control your GPS settings. There seems to be no control for this under Location as there once was. Not sure why they would take it away.

Under Power in the settings menu you can look at History and see GPS listed along the left hand side and you will be able to see how long it has been running since your last full charge.

GL
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.