Post Kit Kat 3rd Party Messaging Apps

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Kit Kat on my phone about 3-days ago. Prior to the install my default messaging app was the stock Sense messaging app. I also had Go SMS Pro installed. Everything worked fine prior to installing the update. Now every time I access Go SMS Pro I get a message saying do you want to make this your default messaging app. I clicked no the first time the message popped up and I thought that would be it but every time I go into Go SMS Pro this message pops up. Also this is a little strange but when I tap the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen to access Go SMS Pro's settings this message pops up and I cannot get into the menu where the settings are.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Go SMS Pro as well as restarting the phone but neither worked. I called HTC tech support and they could not help me either and told me I would have to contact the developer of Go SMS Pro.

I also downloaded some other messaging apps to see how they worked after the Kit Kat install and it was the same with all of them. Every time I accessed the app it would ask me if I wanted it to be my default messaging app. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so did you figure out a fix and what was it? Thanks :)

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Kit Kat on my phone about 3-days ago. Prior to the install my default messaging app was the stock Sense messaging app. I also had Go SMS Pro installed. Everything worked fine prior to installing the update. Now every time I access Go SMS Pro I get a message saying do you want to make this your default messaging app. I clicked no the first time the message popped up and I thought that would be it but every time I go into Go SMS Pro this message pops up. Also this is a little strange but when I tap the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen to access Go SMS Pro's settings this message pops up and I cannot get into the menu where the settings are.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Go SMS Pro as well as restarting the phone but neither worked. I called HTC tech support and they could not help me either and told me I would have to contact the developer of Go SMS Pro.

I also downloaded some other messaging apps to see how they worked after the Kit Kat install and it was the same with all of them. Every time I accessed the app it would ask me if I wanted it to be my default messaging app. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so did you figure out a fix and what was it? Thanks :)

In KitKat you can use(have) only 1 SMS app at a time. That means that you have to pick one as default and can only use that one to send and receive SMS (text).
If you still have the stock app you might be able to use it along the new app you select as default.

Posted via Android Central App

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
In KitKat you can use(have) only 1 SMS app at a time. That means that you have to pick one as default and can only use that one to send and receive SMS (text).
If you still have the stock app you might be able to use it along the new app you select as default

That is exactly what I did. Thanks.

TammOk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S4 and am experiencing the same issue with my stock messaging app and third party app (Handcent SMS).
I like the Handcent SMS app because it has a pop-up preview feature that allows me to reply to messages without having to open the entire app to do so. I like the stock app because it's easier to do group messaging and attach multiple pictures.

Does anyone know if there is a way to re-install a different Andriod system? I don't like this KitKat system. Not only do I have this problem but I'm also having problems with my Bluetooth dropping from my auto Bluetooth connection. Because of this new 'default only' messaging issue, I no longer am able to have my messages read via my auto Bluetooth or respond back - THIS BITES :mad: !!! Any suggestions? I have a 2013 Toyota with the Entune system.