What does "Device Management is running" mean?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't this help you locate your phone if it gets lost? Its listed as DM under apps. I read a month or so ago someone disabled it in apps and thought it saved battery. I disabled mine to try that theory and agree it does seem to save power. Mine is still disabled over a month or so and no ill effects.

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
For me, Device Manager consistently comes on whenever I start car mode and subsequently turns off when I exit car mode. I do not see the relation at all.

Posted via Android Central App

jaspergretsch

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Every time I restart my phone it goes away but almost immediately comes back. I also can't find device manager in apps to even disable it and under settings it's not enabled anyway. It's getting annoying seeing it in my status bar for the entire time.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Every time I restart my phone it goes away but almost immediately comes back. I also can't find device manager in apps to even disable it and under settings it's not enabled anyway. It's getting annoying seeing it in my status bar for the entire time.
You look under "all" apps? it is in there on both my HTC ONE and Droid razr maxx.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
nah thats the android device manager app you've download from the play store.
OK, my mistake then. I didn"t download it, it came on both phones originally. It says just device manager tho not android device manager if it makes any difference.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
ya but its the app to locate other android devices.

if the OP wants to disable the android device manager in his phone he needs to disable it in device administrators and then again in the google settings app.

jaspergretsch

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
ya but its the app to locate other android devices.

if the OP wants to disable the android device manager in his phone he needs to disable it in device administrators and then again in the google settings app.

I've disabled, enabled and disabled it under device administrators and it doesn't work. Where else is there to disable it?

I just restarted my phone and immediately it pops back up.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've disabled, enabled and disabled it under device administrators and it doesn't work. Where else is there to disable it?

I just restarted my phone and immediately it pops back up.

You must disable it in the Google settings app as well as I've indicated above.

It's the grey icon with a 'G' drawn on it.

jaspergretsch

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You must disable it in the Google settings app as well as I've indicated above.

It's the grey icon with a 'G' drawn on it.

Ok I did that but It still pops up after hard reset. It didn't do this until a few days ago. It would pop up ever now and again but now I can't get rid of it.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
did you disable it in device manager before disabling it in google settings?

thats the only thing i can think of if that didnt help take relief in that kit kat is coming to your device in the coming days and it will take care of it for you.

if it doesn't it might be a great opportunity to reset your phone after the upgrade and that *has* to fix whatever this is...

jaspergretsch

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
did you disable it in device manager before disabling it in google settings?

thats the only thing i can think of if that didnt help take relief in that kit kat is coming to your device in the coming days and it will take care of it for you.

if it doesn't it might be a great opportunity to reset your phone after the upgrade and that *has* to fix whatever this is...

Actually I just looked under software information and apparently a download failed yesterday, so I restarted the phone and it's downloading a 600MB file which I'm assuming is KitKat? It's taking forever though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza