Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts

Default What does "Device Management is running" mean?

Its been sitting in my notification area all morning and I cant swipe it out.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: What does "Device Management is running" mean?

This and other threads seem to indicate that it goes away after a hard reset, but haven't seen a post yet that explains why it is there. It also seems that it goes away naturally after a varying period of time.

Device Management after 4.3 Update

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by 2:

Had this happen to me this morning .all I did was restart the phone and it went away .I really don't know what it is
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigleftyinaz View Post
    Had this happen to me this morning .all I did was restart the phone and it went away .I really don't know what it is
    Mine went away but its back.
    I think its b/c my phone wants to me to upgrade to Kit Kat...

Last edited by Christop54; 02-20-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Wanted to delete, but couldn't.

Doesn't this help you locate your phone if it gets lost? Its listed as DM under apps. I read a month or so ago someone disabled it in apps and thought it saved battery. I disabled mine to try that theory and agree it does seem to save power. Mine is still disabled over a month or so and no ill effects.
    Jimbo

Yes, it is tied with this program.

Kyocera Koi<Samsung Instinct<Helio Ocean<HTC Touch Pro<Helio Ocean 2<Palm Pre<HTC EVO 4G<HTC EVO 3D<HTC EVO 4G LTE<HTC One

Last edited by Christop54; 02-20-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Wanted to delete, but couldn't.

For me, Device Manager consistently comes on whenever I start car mode and subsequently turns off when I exit car mode. I do not see the relation at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Every time I restart my phone it goes away but almost immediately comes back. I also can't find device manager in apps to even disable it and under settings it's not enabled anyway. It's getting annoying seeing it in my status bar for the entire time.

i wonder if it has anything to do with the "android device manager"..

have you tried disabling it (and enabling it again)?

Quote Originally Posted by jaspergretsch View Post
    Every time I restart my phone it goes away but almost immediately comes back. I also can't find device manager in apps to even disable it and under settings it's not enabled anyway. It's getting annoying seeing it in my status bar for the entire time.
    You look under "all" apps? it is in there on both my HTC ONE and Droid razr maxx.
    Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    You look under "all" apps? it is in there on both my HTC ONE and Droid razr maxx.
    nah thats the android device manager app you've download from the play store.

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    nah thats the android device manager app you've download from the play store.
    OK, my mistake then. I didn"t download it, it came on both phones originally. It says just device manager tho not android device manager if it makes any difference.
    Jimbo

ya but its the app to locate other android devices.

if the OP wants to disable the android device manager in his phone he needs to disable it in device administrators and then again in the google settings app.

ya but its the app to locate other android devices.

if the OP wants to disable the android device manager in his phone he needs to disable it in device administrators and then again in the google settings app.
    I've disabled, enabled and disabled it under device administrators and it doesn't work. Where else is there to disable it?

I just restarted my phone and immediately it pops back up.

I've disabled, enabled and disabled it under device administrators and it doesn't work. Where else is there to disable it?

I just restarted my phone and immediately it pops back up.
    You must disable it in the Google settings app as well as I've indicated above.

It's the grey icon with a 'G' drawn on it.

You must disable it in the Google settings app as well as I've indicated above.

It's the grey icon with a 'G' drawn on it.

Ok I did that but It still pops up after hard reset. It didn't do this until a few days ago. It would pop up ever now and again but now I can't get rid of it.

did you disable it in device manager before disabling it in google settings?

thats the only thing i can think of if that didnt help take relief in that kit kat is coming to your device in the coming days and it will take care of it for you.

if it doesn't it might be a great opportunity to reset your phone after the upgrade and that *has* to fix whatever this is...

did you disable it in device manager before disabling it in google settings?

thats the only thing i can think of if that didnt help take relief in that kit kat is coming to your device in the coming days and it will take care of it for you.

if it doesn't it might be a great opportunity to reset your phone after the upgrade and that *has* to fix whatever this is...
    Actually I just looked under software information and apparently a download failed yesterday, so I restarted the phone and it's downloading a 600MB file which I'm assuming is KitKat? It's taking forever though.

Actually I just looked under software information and apparently a download failed yesterday, so I restarted the phone and it's downloading a 600MB file which I'm assuming is KitKat? It's taking forever though.

congrats!

could very well be..

another thing just occurred to me.

if that update doesn't solve it, try clearing the cache/data of your google settings app. you will find it in settings > app

be sure to uncheck ADM beforehand.

congrats!

could very well be..

another thing just occurred to me.

if that update doesn't solve it, try clearing the cache/data of your google settings app. you will find it in settings > app

be sure to uncheck ADM beforehand.
    I only see Google Play Services in Apps. Is that it? I don't see the Google Settings under apps.

you are right... the app must be dependent on google play services.

ya try deleting the cache on that app if the update still presents that problem. don't worry, nothing bad can come from it.

after all is said and done though, you really want to enable ADM on your htc one.

its the only way to track it if it gets misplaced or stolen... unless you use a third-party app of course.

I'm getting annoyed.. The download keeps failing and I keep restarting it and it keeps failing. One time it was finished or so I thought and I got another prompt download the update. They say it will take 30 minutes, but it's CRAWLING and I'm on wifi.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast