"Unfortunately com.android.phone has stopped" after recovery [RESOLVED]
Well, my completely stock T-Mobile HTC one has been a little screwy lately (opening the browser causing reboots, message app not working, etc.) so I decided to do a factory reset. I first did it from the settings menu and when it booted up after getting through the splash screen I kept getting a message saying "com.android.phone has stopped". The message pops up, I click OK, it pops up again, rinse and repeat endlessly. I used the hardware buttons to boot into the recovery menu and did a factory reset that way and I'm getting the same endless stream of error messages. I'm new to Android so I'm a little lost here and I could really use some advice if anyone has an idea of how fix this. Thanks everyone.
Re: "Unfortunately com.android.phone has stopped" after recovery
I'm following this up for anyone who stumbles upon this thread with the same problem in the future. I was able to resolve this problem with the following steps:
1. I downloaded the HTC Rom Update Utility from HTC's support page. The link at the end of this post is unique to T-Mobile so if you have a different provider you'll probably want to seek out the ROM for your carrier.
2. I downloaded the latest HTC sync manager software. (I'm not sure if this is necessary but I did it anyway.)
3. I connected my phone to my computer via USB.
4. I put my phone into recovery mode (or whatever it's called) by pressing and holding the power and then pressing the volume down button until the recovery (?) menu came up. From there I selected the first option which is Fastboot, by pressing the power button once.
5. Then I ran the Rom Update exe. that I'd downloaded in step 1 and followed the prompts. The first time the update hung and after about 30 minutes I gave up and had to do the power button volume down thing to get out of it. I then ran the exe. again and on the second attempt it successfully updated my phone and I was back in business.
Hopefully this made sense in case anyone runs into this issue in the future.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]