HTC One: Thoughts after a couple weeks on 4.4.2

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to say the annoyance of the omnipresent lock screen is currently outweighing any enhancements that were added.

I didn't mine Blinkfeed being persistent, but I know that annoyed a lot of people. I do like the addition of the "full size" PIN unlock. The Swiftkey pad that came up on 4.3 kind of sucked. Removal of Flash from the stock browser is a nuisance, but just swapping in Dolphin makes that tolerable.

Hopefully a small update can put the lock screen situation back where it was. Otherwise I would have been content to stay on Jellybean.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Thoughts after a couple weeks on 4.4.2

kit kat is vastly superior to 4.3 JB.

you must adapt.

put the new LS pages to good use with widgets which information you might need to access quickly.

increase the lock phone period or use the "bypass lock screen on wake feature" option.

once you get used to it its not a big deal.

as for flash do us all a favour and let it go already. its people like you that keep that archaic and dangerous technology alive.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

kit kat is vastly superior to 4.3 JB.

you must adapt.

put the new LS pages to good use with widgets which information you might need to access quickly.

increase the lock phone period or use the "bypass lock screen on wake feature" option.

once you get used to it its not a big deal.

as for flash do us all a favour and let it go already. its people like you that keep that archaic and dangerous technology alive.

There is no option to get rid of the simple slide to unlock screen, so not sure what you mean there.

As for Flash, for work there are still many companies that use Flash for their component matrices so I do need it. I couldn't care less what the technology used is, but there are still sites that I need to use on a daily basis that are non-functional without Flash. It's not up to me to "let it go."

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

yes i know there is no option...

but you need to give yourself time to get used to it is all; or work around the issue.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi

Just wanted to know, is ART available for you guys in Developer Options?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! :)

I guess the OEMs have removed the ART option so as it doesn't conflict with their custom UIs. The S4 and Note 3 4.4.2 FWs also don't have it, so I was just curious if this was just a Samsung thing.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

How's battery life? On other devices I've upgraded to 4.4.2, ie a Moto X and N7, I found Kit Kat to be a battery drainer.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

How's battery life? On other devices I've upgraded to 4.4.2, ie a Moto X and N7, I found Kit Kat to be a battery drainer.

Oh it really blows for me. Much better on 4.4 than 4.4.2. About 3-4 hours less with the same usage.

Posted via Android Central App

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Oh it really blows for me. Much better on 4.4 than 4.4.2. About 3-4 hours less with the same usage.

Are you folks using HTC's official version of 4.4.2 or a ROM?
Just curious why I was updated only yesterday on my Dev. Edition while you've had it for weeks....

Also, I lost the News & Weather app that came with Android going all the way back to my Nexus One. How can I get that back? The apk from Nexus One won't install. It was a lot more simpler than BlinkFeed and Flipboard... <sigh>

Last edited:

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Are you folks using HTC's official version of 4.4.2 or a ROM?
Just curious why I was updated only yesterday on my Dev. Edition while you've had it for weeks....

Also, I lost the News & Weather app that came with Android going all the way back to my Nexus One. How can I get that back? The apk from Nexus One won't install. It was a lot more simpler than BlinkFeed and Flipboard... <sigh>

your update was ready for a few weeks now. it came out around the time sprint started pushing it out.

i updated my international unlocked then which was late january.

also these people are updating from 4.3 JB.

Pepito141

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
i have the unlocked international 32gb model. i know others have reported seeing 4.4 in an OTA for this version, but i still have not. does anyone know if the OTA just hasn't reached the US yet? I am on AT&T prepaid.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i have the unlocked international 32gb model. i know others have reported seeing 4.4 in an OTA for this version, but i still have not. does anyone know if the OTA just hasn't reached the US yet? I am on AT&T prepaid.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

the international unlocked got 4.4 in the US back in november.

in late january it was updated again to 4.4.2.

Pepito141

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have ideas on why I didn't get the OTA? Chatted with htc but they couldn't figure it out either.

Appreciate the help

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I haven't notice any change in battery life after installing KitKat. It all seems to work about the same for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams