HTC One: Can someone show me how to root or whatever?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey i tried rooting,flashing etc an i get confused in what to do an what steps to do. I read someone say you can flash or something to try out a rom an if you dont like it you can go back to how your One was without a hassle or screw ups. Id like to try out a google edition rom so i can be simple an sleek an not so much clutter in the camera software like Sense has.

Is there a way to try it out?

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can someone show me how to root or whatever?

Hey i tried rooting,flashing etc an i get confused in what to do an what steps to do. I read someone say you can flash or something to try out a rom an if you dont like it you can go back to how your One was without a hassle or screw ups. Id like to try out a google edition rom so i can be simple an sleek an not so much clutter in the camera software like Sense has.

Is there a way to try it out?

Rooting voids your warranty. Be aware of that. First step is to unlock your bootloader. Second is to flash a recovery. Third, and final step is to flash SuperSU to gain root access.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Oh its cool on the warranty issue i dont mind one bit. Ok so is there a site to unlock bootloader? I'll go ahead an do it right now while your helping me.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

ok signed up an when i reach the part to unlock an a drop menu shows i dont see a selection for htc one

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Damn..ok i guess this is my stopping point... for now. I'll get a windows laptop from a friend tomorrow an do it on there.

Alright, just let me know when you need help. I'll try to get back to you A.S.A.P.

benrk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I would use the CyanogenMod installer. Go to CyanogenMod | Downloads and download the installer. You will want to unlock your bootloader first (htcdev.com), because for my Sprint variant, the installer would not work until I did so. After you install CM from the installer, it is rooted, has a custom recovery, and is ready for more roms by using ClockWorkMod. This is the easiest and safest method to root, ROM, and hack your HTC One.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I would use the CyanogenMod installer. Go to CyanogenMod | Downloads and download the installer. You will want to unlock your bootloader first (htcdev.com), because for my Sprint variant, the installer would not work until I did so. After you install CM from the installer, it is rooted, has a custom recovery, and is ready for more roms by using ClockWorkMod. This is the easiest and safest method to root, ROM, and hack your HTC One.

I have a toolkit that can do all of this, but I want him to do it manually to learn the commands...

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

So heres a question to those who have rooted etc or used google play edition rom...is the camera quality the same if i did root an use stock gpe rom 4.4? Reason i ask is cause i downloaded the nexus 5 kitkat app from playstore an the quality was low compared to the Sense stock software i have. Any input?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

So heres a question to those who have rooted etc or used google play edition rom...is the camera quality the same if i did root an use stock gpe rom 4.4? Reason i ask is cause i downloaded the nexus 5 kitkat app from playstore an the quality was low compared to the Sense stock software i have. Any input?

You can always revert to sense if you don't like stock ROMs

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Braden Buerk

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Hi
Im trying to rot my note 8 and was wondering if I could do it just on my device, but need someone to walk me through it.
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000