Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Can someone show me how to root or whatever?

Hey i tried rooting,flashing etc an i get confused in what to do an what steps to do. I read someone say you can flash or something to try out a rom an if you dont like it you can go back to how your One was without a hassle or screw ups. Id like to try out a google edition rom so i can be simple an sleek an not so much clutter in the camera software like Sense has.

Is there a way to try it out?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 12:57 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Can someone show me how to root or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTex View Post
    Hey i tried rooting,flashing etc an i get confused in what to do an what steps to do. I read someone say you can flash or something to try out a rom an if you dont like it you can go back to how your One was without a hassle or screw ups. Id like to try out a google edition rom so i can be simple an sleek an not so much clutter in the camera software like Sense has.

Is there a way to try it out?
    Rooting voids your warranty. Be aware of that. First step is to unlock your bootloader. Second is to flash a recovery. Third, and final step is to flash SuperSU to gain root access.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
    SouthTex likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh its cool on the warranty issue i dont mind one bit. Ok so is there a site to unlock bootloader? I'll go ahead an do it right now while your helping me.

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

Oh its cool on the warranty issue i dont mind one bit. Ok so is there a site to unlock bootloader? I'll go ahead an do it right now while your helping me.
    HTCDev

Go ahead and sign up. Use a gmail.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
    SouthTex likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    HTCDev

Go ahead and sign up. Use a gmail.
    Alright brb...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ok signed up an when i reach the part to unlock an a drop menu shows i dont see a selection for htc one

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

ok signed up an when i reach the part to unlock an a drop menu shows i dont see a selection for htc one
    Select all other supported models at the very bottom. Then come back.

Thanked by:
    SouthTex likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Select all other supported models at the very bottom. Then come back.
    k selected

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

k selected
    Download this from my website:

https://www.eztoolkitsfor.me/Downloa...ot%20Files.zip

Don't worry. I installed https encryption by Comodo ^^

Thanked by:
    SouthTex likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Download this from my website:

https://www.eztoolkitsfor.me/Downloa...ot%20Files.zip

Don't worry. I installed https encryption by Comodo ^^
    Is windows a must or can i use mac for installing the files etc?

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

Is windows a must or can i use mac for installing the files etc?
    Windows is a must.

Thanked by:
    SouthTex likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Windows is a must.
    Damn..ok i guess this is my stopping point... for now. I'll get a windows laptop from a friend tomorrow an do it on there.

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

Damn..ok i guess this is my stopping point... for now. I'll get a windows laptop from a friend tomorrow an do it on there.
    Alright, just let me know when you need help. I'll try to get back to you A.S.A.P.

Thanked by:
    Illustrator Joe and SouthTex like this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Alright, just let me know when you need help. I'll try to get back to you A.S.A.P.
    Ok cool i appreciate it..i'll send you a message tomorrow once i get his laptop.

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

Ok cool i appreciate it..i'll send you a message tomorrow once i get his laptop.
    Alright!

Thanked by:
    SouthTex likes this.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I would use the CyanogenMod installer. Go to CyanogenMod | Downloads and download the installer. You will want to unlock your bootloader first (htcdev.com), because for my Sprint variant, the installer would not work until I did so. After you install CM from the installer, it is rooted, has a custom recovery, and is ready for more roms by using ClockWorkMod. This is the easiest and safest method to root, ROM, and hack your HTC One.

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by benrk View Post
    I would use the CyanogenMod installer. Go to CyanogenMod | Downloads and download the installer. You will want to unlock your bootloader first (htcdev.com), because for my Sprint variant, the installer would not work until I did so. After you install CM from the installer, it is rooted, has a custom recovery, and is ready for more roms by using ClockWorkMod. This is the easiest and safest method to root, ROM, and hack your HTC One.
    I have a toolkit that can do all of this, but I want him to do it manually to learn the commands...

Thanked by 2:
    Golfdriver97, benrk and SouthTex like this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

So heres a question to those who have rooted etc or used google play edition rom...is the camera quality the same if i did root an use stock gpe rom 4.4? Reason i ask is cause i downloaded the nexus 5 kitkat app from playstore an the quality was low compared to the Sense stock software i have. Any input?

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

So heres a question to those who have rooted etc or used google play edition rom...is the camera quality the same if i did root an use stock gpe rom 4.4? Reason i ask is cause i downloaded the nexus 5 kitkat app from playstore an the quality was low compared to the Sense stock software i have. Any input?
    You can always revert to sense if you don't like stock ROMs

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Thanked by:
    SouthTex likes this.

Hi
    Im trying to rot my note 8 and was wondering if I could do it just on my device, but need someone to walk me through it.
    Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Braden Buerk View Post
    Hi
    Im trying to rot my note 8 and was wondering if I could do it just on my device, but need someone to walk me through it.
    Thanks

Hi! I think you should of posted here: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

That's the section for the Note 8!

As for rooting from the device itself, I believe it is not possible without a custom recovery.
    Last edited by wizzrah; 02-26-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Global Posts
    8,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Hi
    Thanks

If you mean without a computer then you might be out of luck. I have seen methods that claim to work through the browser on your tablet, but for the most part they don't work as advertised.
    Definitely post in the Note 8.0 forums though, maybe someone knows of a way

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Ok guys thanks im checking out that link. Also looking atvsomething called framaroot. Anyone heard of it...

How do you post a new question on that link?

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    ROM

How do you post a new question on that link?

Click on the button on the top left that says "Post new thread"

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast