Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    After many weeks of waiting for AT&T to "certify" Kit Kat for "their" network, it's finally here. Post your impressions or issues, if you did a reset or not, etc. The battery will take a few days to settle with a new OS.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-05-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    I'll be damned. Downloading now. Will post later with results.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    It's faster, but other than and disabling blinkfeed there isn't much to report.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    All I have done so far is disable blinkfeed . . . but that's enough to keep me happy for a while. I would like to be able to get rid of the battery icon in the bar when I select to show the percentage. Not sure why I need to see the bar if the percentage is there, but that is a topic for another time.

    I noticed that you can add other tabs to the lock screen to add widgets on there. I might take advantage of that with a full screen weather widget that I wouldn't want on one of my home screens so that is interesting.
    clintkirk likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
    After many weeks of waiting for AT&T to "certify" Kit Kat for "their" network, it's finally here. Post your impressions or issues, if you did a reset or not, etc. The battery will take a few days to settle with a new OS.
    -Can finally see emojis on every app
    -I do not like the new gallery
    -multitasking is slightly different.. Don't really like it
    -Weather app has some visual refinement

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Jason Stroud1; 02-23-2014 at 03:52 PM.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Can some one tell me what symbol this is it's a square with this in it </> it poped on the tool bar what does it mean

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    i think its the MTP mode icon..
  8. #8  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Romero View Post
    Can some one tell me what symbol this is it's a square with this in it </> it poped on the tool bar what does it mean

    Posted via Android Central App
    Device management symbol. Mine was on there the whole time it was downloading but disappeared when finished

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    4.4.2 fixes AT&T Visual Voicemail. The app would hang on access when 4.4 first came out, with 4.4.2 it works as expected now.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    I like it alot
    Troneas likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    So, I don't know the difference between emojis and emoticons if there is any, but in the built-in text app I no longer have emoticons with Swiftkey. If I use the HTC keyboard I can select them from the keyboard, but if I type out ": )" (no space) or anything like that I only get text. I have the setting checked in settings of text app for SMS characters. Is there a setting I'm missing. This was working fine before the update.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    My Blinkfeed isn't working anymore. It is just suck on "No Content" for highlights no matter what I do. This update ruined one of my favorite things about sense...
  13. #13  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Pull down on the screen to update Blinkfeed.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    It didn't install for me? I'm rooted, but I'm on stock ROM, or at least I'm positive I am since I I haven't downloaded any others. I clicked on the continue button after I downloaded, and it took my phone into recovery. Any suggestions?

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    I did a factory reset to clean out old files. I spent this afternoon putting in passwords, etc. The first thing I noticed is that iSyncr no longer works when I tried to add my music. I use a Mac , and HTC Manager has always froze up my mouse since the Mavericks OS came out so it's not an option. I tried Android File transfer and no luck recognizing the phone. It may be a Mac issue and I don't blame AT&T. I'm working with the folks at iSyncr to get it working again tomorrow. Using Google play music, or Doubletwist may be my last option for getting my playlist on the phone from a MacBook.
    Other than adding Music (with a Mac) , I'm happy so far with Kit Kat. Blinkfeed is definitely better with 5.5 version.
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 02-23-2014 at 10:50 PM.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
    I did a factory reset to clean out old files. I spent this afternoon putting in passwords, etc. The first thing I noticed is that iSyncr no longer works when I tried to add my music. I use a Mac , and HTC Manager has always froze up my mouse since the Mavericks OS came out so it's not an option. I tried Android File transfer and no luck recognizing the phone. It may be a Mac issue and I don't blame AT&T. I'm working with the folks at iSyncr to get it working again tomorrow. Doubletwist may be my last option for getting my playlist on the phone from a MacBook.
    Other than adding Music (with a Mac) , I'm happy so far with Kit Kat. Blinkfeed is definitely better with 5.5 version.

    are you transferring over usb or wifi?

    isyncr over wifi is working well with my mac (mavericks) and my htc one (4.4.2 KK)..



    but granted mavericks is just a pain. i kinda wished i never updated from ML.



    EDIT: to get AFT to recongise your phone you must restart your mac with the phone PLUGGED IN.
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fathertime View Post
    Pull down on the screen to update Blinkfeed.
    You sound like one of those IT support people who tell me to do the most obvious things. Of course that's what I did, I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't do the basics.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    You sound like one of those IT support people who tell me to do the most obvious things. Of course that's what I did, I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't do the basics.

    you can't blame him on pointing out the obvious when you are blaming your broken blinkfeed on the update.


    no one has had a problem with blinkfeed with the update lindtchocolate.. i've been using 4.4 since november and updated again in january to 4.4.2 and it always worked.


    obviously something went wrong with the procedure. i suggest you try the "obvious" if you don't want to reset your phone.
    Thanked by 2:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    you can't blame him on pointing out the obvious when you are blaming the update on your broken blinkfeed.


    no one has had a problem with blinkfeed with the update lindtchocolate.. i've been using 4.4 since november and updated again in january to 4.4.2 and it always worked.


    obviously something went wrong with the procedure. i suggest you try the "obvious" if you don't want to reset your phone.
    The amount of logical fallacies you just spat out was amazing. "Can't blame him for pointing out the obvious" -- 1. Yes, I can blame him for that because that's what he did. 2. I was obviously making a joke if you didn't catch it.

    "you are blaming the update on your broken blinkfeed" -- I assume you meant I'm blaming the broken blindfeed on the update? Yeah, it was the update that did it. What else is to blame.

    "No one has had a problem with blinkfeed with the update" -- You have no solid evidence backing that claim, and I am clearly evidence against that. Just because YOU don't have problems with the phone, doesn't mean others don't.

    "obviously something went wrong in the procedure. i suggest you try the "obvious" if you don't want to reset your phone." And again we come back to some idiotic response. I already DID try the obvious, that's what I said in the post you replied to. And of course something went wrong otherwise I wouldn't be posting on a 4.4.2 thread.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZappa View Post
    So, I don't know the difference between emojis and emoticons if there is any, but in the built-in text app I no longer have emoticons with Swiftkey. If I use the HTC keyboard I can select them from the keyboard, but if I type out ": )" (no space) or anything like that I only get text. I have the setting checked in settings of text app for SMS characters. Is there a setting I'm missing. This was working fine before the update.
    Same thing happened to me using Swype in the Sense messaging app after the 4.4.2 upgrade on Verizon. It's interesting that the Sense keyboard works fine but emojis appear to have been killed on third-party keyboards.

    Posted via my Honestly TerrifiC One
  21. #21  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    lol


    yes im tired and i did not express myself properly before. i did fix my post before i read your response.


    anyhow you understood the meaning.


    kit kat did not destroy your blinkfeed - your particular update did.


    i think we understand each other now. i still like you


    hope you can find the fix before you decide to reset.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    This is just an impressions thread, I didn't review kitkat or even comment on it. I'm just giving my first impressions, totally experience based.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    did you try turning it off and on again?
    Shon123 likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    You may need to 're-populate
    Blink feed. Swipe to the right.
    & choose. Mine was blank also.
    Pulling down only updates & if
    there's nothing to update....
    I'm pissed it killed my Google Mic & I had to type & spell.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  25. #25  

    Default Re: AT&T 4.4.2 is out! Post your impressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by gator3853 View Post
    You may need to 're-populate
    Blink feed. Swipe to the right.
    & choose. Mine was blank also.
    Pulling down only updates & if
    there's nothing to update....
    I'm pissed it killed my Google Mic & I had to type & spell.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    I did that a long time ago. Like I said, I've done everything besides do a full refresh of my htc.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: battery life was awesome right out the box...
    By htc evo 4g in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

B