Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default htc one wifi problem help plz

hi i am having a problem with my htc one. when i can scan for wifi i cant get any wifi or it gets the wifi for few seconds than it dissapears.. i downloaded wifi analyzer and it gets only few 5ghz wifi networks, cant get any 2.5ghz network.
    i did the wipe cache partition still the wifi doesnt works. please help me out with this. i have given attachments. help me please.. i did the new update aswell but didnt work. same problem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails htc one wifi problem help plz-screenshot_2014-02-25-02-52-41.jpg   htc one wifi problem help plz-screenshot_2014-02-25-02-54-57.jpg   htc one wifi problem help plz-screenshot_2014-02-25-02-55-04.jpg   htc one wifi problem help plz-screenshot_2014-02-25-02-52-41.jpg   htc one wifi problem help plz-screenshot_2014-02-25-02-54-57.jpg  

htc one wifi problem help plz-screenshot_2014-02-25-02-55-04.jpg  

Default Re: htc one wifi problem help plz

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-Fi, then tap the Menu button again and select "Advanced," and then "Wi-Fi frequency band." Make sure it's set to "Auto" or "2.4 GHz only."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's the same thing can't get any WiFi, I did select to 2.4g and its the same.

Posted via Android Central App

Is this with any wi-fi network, or only your home network? Try rebooting your router, or testing it out at your local Starbucks.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It's with any WiFi. Can't get home WiFi or work WiFi and any open WiFi.

How long has this been going on? Did it start before or after the system update? And how old is the phone? I'm starting to wonder if it's a hardware problem. If the phone is still within warranty, you may want to contact HTC.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

The phone is 1 month old , and the problem is from two weeks. It worked fine when I bought it from car phone warehouse, but after two weeks the problem erupted . I will give it for warranty that would be better instead of this hassle...

I have exactly the same problem with my HTC one since yesterday. Tried to fix it with updating my phone to the latest HTC update(4.4.2) that i received yesterday but that didn't fix the problem. I am in contact with HTC support in the Netherlands. For now i am waiting for an answer. They say; we are going to fix this for you ASAP.
    Let you know how this ends.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks, anyways I am going for the warranty..