Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Google now battery tips?

    I want to keep using Google now and it's features, but I want to save as much battery as possible.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,557 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    I think if you go into location in settings and uncheck GPS, that will help save battery.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think if you go into location in settings and uncheck GPS, that will help save battery.
    What about location reporting and history?
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,557 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lecrae116 View Post
    What about location reporting and history?
    You can, but it almost defeats the purpose of Now.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    You can, but it almost defeats the purpose of Now.
    Which one can be disabled without losing much of the functionality of Google now?
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,557 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lecrae116 View Post
    Which one can be disabled without losing much of the functionality of Google now?
    I only turn off the GPS and have no problems with battery life.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I only turn off the GPS and have no problems with battery life.
    So your saying you have location reporting and history on? I also have a app called auto 3g that turns mobile data off when screen turns off I would highly recommend it.
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,557 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lecrae116 View Post
    So your saying you have location reporting and history on? I also have a app called auto 3g that turns mobile data off when screen turns off I would highly recommend it.
    Location reporting and history on. That is what tells Now to tell you what is nearby and helps make judgement calls on places you might frequently visit.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Location reporting and history on. That is what tells Now to tell you what is nearby and helps make judgement calls on places you might frequently visit.
    Are you on 4.4 because even with both options off it doesn't tell me to enable any options like location reporting and history
  10. #10  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,557 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lecrae116 View Post
    Are you on 4.4 because even with both options off it doesn't tell me to enable any options like location reporting and history
    Sorry, daily driver is Moto X stuck on 4.2. Hang on.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. #11  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,557 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Google now battery tips?

    Ok, so under Settings>Location>I have the Mode as Battery Saving. Even with my weaker signal on my Nexus, I can still make it all day easily.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for GPS app that can tag Google Earth locations
    By skuhnphoto in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2014, 11:55 AM
  2. lg g2 battery replacement lg logo pop up
    By androidbro21 in forum Sprint LG G2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 03:53 AM
  3. Galaxy S4 Arctic Blue Battery Cover
    By ImperialDoor in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:40 AM
  4. Sense 5.5 Camera on Google Play Edition?
    By AussieAndroid in forum HTC One Google Edition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 04:55 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions