Phone contacts&Android file transfer?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey community, does anyone know how to put my contacts from my Contacts book on Mac into the Htc One? I dont really need to sync anything because i rather drag an drop like i do with photos etc using AFT. Is there a way to do the same but with the vcards?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There should be a way to export your contacts from the Mac to a .CSV or multiple VCF file. You can then import that file directly to your Google Contacts page on the web, and they should sync automatically to your phone. Importing .CSV files should work, but I've encountered some issues in the past with that. Supposedly, importing a multiple VCF file should work as well.

You can also transfer that .CSV or .VCF file over to your phone storage (either via USB or by uploading to Google Drive first), and then use the Import option in the phone's Contacts app.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
There should be a way to export your contacts from the Mac to a .CSV or multiple VCF file. You can then import that file directly to your Google Contacts page on the web, and they should sync automatically to your phone. Importing .CSV files should work, but I've encountered some issues in the past with that. Supposedly, importing a multiple VCF file should work as well.

You can also transfer that .CSV or .VCF file over to your phone storage (either via USB or by uploading to Google Drive first), and then use the Import option in the phone's Contacts app.

Id like to try it the phone storage over usb. What folder would i put them in? or would it just be by itself in no folder on internal storage?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would just create a folder on the root directory called "Miscellaneous" or "My Data" or something like that, and then copy the file there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Mac, so I'm afraid I can't help you much there, besides suggesting a reboot of both computer and phone.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Mac, so I'm afraid I can't help you much there, besides suggesting a reboot of both computer and phone.

oh ok yeah well i restarted mac an phone then reinstalled AFT again an no luck. Anyone else having this issue? My friends phone is htc one kit kat 4.2.2 , maybe software incompatibility with kit kat and AFT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87