Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

In the last few days or so after updating to 4.4 I've noticed that the speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call. This is incredibly annoying.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-04-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Default Re: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

If you have used it on a prior call? I know when I dial voice mail it did, but after the first call I shut it off it hasn't returned

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Default Re: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

Agree with Joe...only happens if you had it on when you ended the previous call. (Not a great feature IMO haha)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by blg923 View Post
    Agree with Joe...only happens if you had it on when you ended the previous call. (Not a great feature IMO haha)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Nope, I wasn't using it on a previous call. It actually seems to be intermittent. I placed three calls today and it happened on two out of those three.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

It has happened to me too. And I never use speakerphone.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

It's been happening to me on a random basis as well. Multiple sessions with HTC have been unable to resolve. On top of that, the purple tint has come back on low light pictures that was fixed on my One. I think I'm going to try to get another replacement.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One on Tapatalk.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Mine does the same thing and it's really annoying!

Posted via Android Central App

I'm also facing this problem on my HTC One Dual Sim 802d that the speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call since last several days after ugrading Android 4.4.2

Happens on a random basis with no fixed pattern.I have spoken to the tech support here in India and they have made me try a numerous things such as rebooting,
    running in safe made and even hard reset, but the issue still remains. Seems to be a issue in the Android 4.4.2 / Sense 5.5 update

Please HTC needs to come up with fix at the earliest possible.

I am also having the speakerphone issue from time to time after 4.4.2 update.
    In addition, I've been experiencing purple tint issues in low light conditions. Don't know if it is update related, or if the hardware is on it's last leg....

Default Re: HTC One: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

Check out my thread. I'm having the same problem and no solution.

Default Re: HTC One: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

Add me to the list.
    And i dont use or like speakerphone so i know it wasnt left on accidentally.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Mine is doing too at random. I can find no pattern as to when it will do it. I have completed several test calls and sometimes it will be fine and other times it will automatically turn on the speakerphone. I quickly learned to make sure the speakerphone is not on before placing it to my ear when initiating a call.
    MoshuXXL likes this.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Me too..

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Mine is doing the same thing.

Sent from there can only be HTC One

I had the same problem, and it seems like i fixed it by clearing cache of the phone app !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlievre View Post
    I had the same problem, and it seems like i fixed it by clearing cache of the phone app !!!
    There is nothing in cache in the phone app on my phone.... It shows 12kb, and when I clear cache it does not clear.......

Same here. Very annoying.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

+1 here... wow, there are quite a few of us......

OK, so I have the same issue. I will be reporting it to HTC.
    Firstly, I thought I turned it by mistake with my ear. However, today I missclicked, dialed up my friend and while the phone was in front of me, the speaker indicator was on. I haven't accidentally touch with my thingers or so.

I have HTC One Mini, with 4.3 Android & HTC Sense 5.5. This is definitely a software bug, because on the fall of last year, it was working great. (I had a 4.2 Android back then.)

Happens to me as well after 4.4.2 update

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

+1 Same issue...

What carriers are people on with this problem? All of them? I see one person mentioned India.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Davethebrewer View Post
    What carriers are people on with this problem? All of them? I see one person mentioned India.

I'm in Canada - carrier is Rogers.
    Thanked by:

I'm on Sprint
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by deekej View Post
    OK, so I have the same issue. I will be reporting it to HTC.
    Firstly, I thought I turned it by mistake with my ear. However, today I missclicked, dialed up my friend and while the phone was in front of me, the speaker indicator was on. I haven't accidentally touch with my thingers or so.

I have HTC One Mini, with 4.3 Android & HTC Sense 5.5. This is definitely a software bug, because on the fall of last year, it was working great. (I had a 4.2 Android back then.)
    Let us know what HTC says.....

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast