Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tired of my HTC One

I love my phone but im tired of my battery life.The first phone I bought I took back because i thought the batt was defective and after that i got about 8 hours with me using it.Now i get about 4 or 5 again.I hate to do it but im about to just sell my phone if this is what ill be getting forever,my girlfriends phone is on like 50% and mine is on 1%.
    Help? Tips?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Tired Of my HTC ONE

Quote Originally Posted by dandrew68 View Post
    I love my phone but im tired of my battery life.The first phone I bought I took back because i thought the batt was defective and after that i got about 8 hours with me using it.Now i get about 4 or 5 again.I hate to do it but im about to just sell my phone if this is what ill be getting forever,my girlfriends phone is on like 50% and mine is on 1%.
    Help? Tips?

What happens if you enable power saver mode? I've found that with it enabled, the phone is still plenty fast and I get over 24h battery..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Are you serious? I keep power saver mode on and get like maybe 6 hours if i dont use it any.I keep my brightness OFF,NFC off,BT off.Ive done everything i know to do...The only apps i have that run are clean master

Follow these steps to determine if you have a bad battery,

http://voyager8.blogspot.com/2013/05...VrR0WJqHV5sN3Q

You basically type the code in, click on more, run the battery test. I think you have to have a full, 100% battery when you run it. It'll run for an hour and determine your % lose over that hour.
    Thanked by:

As an example, my day one(Ordered it the day it was released and have had ever since) HTC One lost 6% within the first hour, so my battery is fine. If yours loses single digit percents, it's fine and you have an app draining your battery.

if you lose more than that, i would recommend RMA'ing to HTC to get a new battery.

My one wasn't that bad but it needed to be plugged in by 3:00pm everyday. Finally decided enough was enough and got a g2 two weeks ago. Awesome battery life. Easily goes two days without a charge and surprise...it doesn't lose any charge overnight while sitting idle unlike the one.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah thats what phone my girlfriend has and its depressing.Her phone can last 2 days on a full charge and she always leaves brightness on high,BT on and never closes her apps.I have to dumb down my smartphone just to get "okay" battery.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Yeah thats what phone my girlfriend has and its depressing.Her phone can last 2 days on a full charge and she always leaves brightness on high,BT on and never closes her apps.I have to dumb down my smartphone just to get "okay" battery.

Posting a screenshot of your battery stats would be a lot more helpful if you want us to possibly fix the issue

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

I've had my HTC One for almost 1-yr now, and I've never had any battery issues. I normally charge up my phone every night, and unplug it at 4:30 am and go until 5 pm where I still have about 60% charge. Of course, it depends on your own personal usage. I normally have WiFi turned off, and only use BT in my car for about 1 hr a day. I don't do any heavy streaming of music from my cell connection, but I do auto-check my email throughout the day and read the news from different web sites about 4-5 times during the day. I use an app called "Tasker" which automatically turns on/off my WiFi depending if I'm at home or not. GPS is also turned off unless I'm using my Google Maps app.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Help? Tips?

Can you be more specific?
    We can't help you without any more specifics.
    How much screen on time are we talking about? Wifi On? Data On? Bluetooth On? Are you playing games?
    Install GSam Battery Monitor and post a screenshot.
    I can go up to two days with my phone, but it all depends on usage. Especially screen time.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Sorry it took so long.I havent had a chance to get on here.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Right now I am listening to spotify.But still as soon as i woke up i turned my phone on and in 30 seconds it was down to 98% straight off the charger.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Again I would prefer some data from an app like GSam. The built-in app does not provide much info.
    For example how much screen time was on.
    Moreover I see both the wi-fi and 4G icons on.
    Do you experience any problems with your wifi? Because under normal conditions if you are connected to wi-fi there should be no 4G icon.

I don't use streaming services like Spotify so I can't comment on how much drain would be normal.

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Default Re: Tired of my HTC One

Try the Snapdragon Battery Guru. I've been using that since I've had my One and I regularly get 15-18 hrs out of my One. I use that in addition to the HTC power saving app.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

No problems with my wifi.Its stayed on since day one.I had battery doctor installed but it really didnt do anything.Im gonna try battery guru and ill update.

Also, check the polling of your background apps like Facebook and Instagram.. telling them to sync once every hr can cause battery drain.

Android System taking 80% usage is high.. that means you have alot of apps that are waking your device up and polling for data.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

How do i stop that?Lol
    Ive always had an apple stuff.
    I just got this phone in january.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

No problems with my wifi.Its stayed on since day one.I had battery doctor installed but it really didnt do anything.Im gonna try battery guru and ill update.

So why are both icons present? It's either wi-fi or data.
    Also check your wi-fi settings. Google has by default an option turned on, so that wi-fi is still working even if it is off.

Check what apps may be waking your device, location services also etc.
    I may seem too much, but there are many things you can do to improve your battery life.
    As I said there are some apps that can find the culprit for the drain you are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by urbhusker View Post
    My one wasn't that bad but it needed to be plugged in by 3:00pm everyday. Finally decided enough was enough and got a g2 two weeks ago. Awesome battery life. Easily goes two days without a charge and surprise...it doesn't lose any charge overnight while sitting idle unlike the one.

fast boot disabled solved the issue of the one losing power overnight, also a complete hard reset after any Android update eliminates the issue. One issue I have after a reset which I do every 2 mths and then restore what I need is that today I can not turn nfc off, I go into settings and move the slider to off, I exit and when i check again it is on. trying to solve.

personally I dont really think their is any better Android phone out now, the one is still plenty fast and I get a full days use out of it and thats hard use.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Yeah i dont mind doing whatever.I just get tired of getting 4 or 5 hours.Idk why 4g is on,it never goes off.The only time it changes is when I have lte.

How do i stop that?Lol
    Ive always had an apple stuff.
    I just got this phone in january.

Use an app like GSam to view the sytem Kernel Wakelocks. Chances are you have a system task that is waking up the phone constantly which sucks down your battery because the phone can't go into deep sleep.

My battery usage looked like yours with Android System seemingly running away. It would be at 80%+ use and my phone was dying within seven or eight hours with limited use. Sure enough, I checked the Wakelocks and for whatever reason, my WiFi router at home was constantly polling my One keeping the phone from going into deep sleep the entire time. Turned off WiFi when at home for now and my battery life is back to normal: 18 hours regular use and longer with overnight standby.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

So android os shouldnt be that high?

So android os shouldnt be that high?

It usually only that high for me if the phone sits idle for a while after taking it off the charger. It's not necessarily bad that it is the highest usage because everything that makes the phone a phone falls under "Android OS" and it's always active.

But I'd say with those other apps so low and the phone losing 60% of battery in four hours that you have something along the lines of the wakelock issue I experienced. Or perhaps you're in an area with bad cell coverage?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast