Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Default HTC One: Wondering if HTC will release a maintenance update to fix KitKat problems

Does anyone think HTC will send out an update to fix a lot of the issues everyone seems to be having since the KitKat update? Just wondering as I have just ordered a One and started seeing a lot of posts on here and many other forums about people have multiple problems since the update.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-17-2014 at 09:07 AM.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

Default Re: Wondering if HTC will release a matainence update to fix KitKat problems

I have no issues...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    coronaboy10 and Ry like this.

Default Re: Wondering if HTC will release a matainence update to fix KitKat problems

It might help to include the issues your referring to.
    The only one that im aware of is the speaker phone issue.
    Google also announced a bug in 4.4.2 nexus 5 devices that also MIGHT affect other devices running 4.4.2 but it has not been confirmed yet.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jeverts View Post
    I have no issues...
    I have no problems either on Kit Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC757 View Post
    Does anyone think HTC will send out an update to fix a lot of the issues everyone seems to be having since the KitKat update? Just wondering as I have just ordered a One and started seeing a lot of posts on here and many other forums about people have multiple problems since the update.

I had some battery issues at first but now after a week it's better than ever.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One: Wondering if HTC will release a matainence update to fix KitKat problems

UK updates have been pulled so I guess a further update is in the works to resolve issues on 4.4.2

Default Re: HTC One: Wondering if HTC will release a matainence update to fix KitKat problems

what issues?

only one i'm experiencing is the speaker phone bug.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Ok I'm only going on what I read,
    1) speaker phone coming on by itself. 2) battery life is worst. 3) WiFi turning itself off and/ or not connecting. These 3 seem to be on almost every android forum I looked at. Just was wondering really how widespread these really are.

Thanked by:

I have absolutely no issues. I did have a heavy battery drain the first 24 hours. Also, the speakerphone bug? I have never heard nor experienced this.

My wife had issues. We backed up and did a factory reset. Everything was fine after that.

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts

The only issues I had, was the wi-fi not connecting to specific routers (the solution has been found and is easy) and the Dropbox HTC Backup.
    Apart from that nothing else.
    Battery life is the same I think. Sometimes a bit worse, sometimes a bit better.
    Can't say that I love KitKat, some changes I didn't like (horrible white battery icon), but no major issues.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

No battery issues but I have found some calling issues. Not to bad as I do not make a lot of phone calls but I'm sure they will fix the bugs as they find em.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

1) speaker phone coming on by itself. 2) battery life is worst. 3) WiFi turning itself off and/ or not connecting. These 3 seem to be on almost every android forum I looked at. Just was wondering really how widespread these really are.

My speakerphone turns on constantly when answering calls. I thought it was just something I was pressing. Good to know.
    Kyocera Koi<Samsung Instinct<Helio Ocean<HTC Touch Pro<Helio Ocean 2<Palm Pre<HTC EVO 4G<HTC EVO 3D<HTC EVO 4G LTE<HTC One
    67GTV likes this.

Erratic battery life occasionally drops 100% to 88% within a short time then levels off as normal ,then battery can be excellent at times ,but never experienced speaker phone issues ,can't stand white battery icon either !

Will definitely send out fix ,question is how long we gotta wait !

Quote Originally Posted by riche-rich View Post
    Erratic battery life occasionally drops 100% to 88% within a short time then levels off as normal ,then battery can be excellent at times ,but never experienced speaker phone issues ,can't stand white battery icon either !

It might help to re-calibrate your battery.

ON a follow up note.

I went into factory recovery and wiped my cache.
    After this I have not had 1 speaker phone glitch. I have made / received about 10 calls total.

That speaker phone issue is so silly. I wouldn't care if they fixed it or not, but I understand the concern for other people who may make a lot more calls than I do. Either way, HTC promised support, so you'll probably get your fix eventually.

funny, my AT&T LG Optimus G has that speakerphone issue (turning on when answering a call) as of a few weeks ago.

Are the speakerphones issues widespread or AT&T only?

i have none of those issues and im truly getting about 12 hours of battery life before i hit 10%
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I've got a few issues.

- Google voice starts up on its own.
    - The phone calls my last recent call on its own when I open my browser.
    - Alarm clock no longer works!
    - Battery life has also decreased

They need to bring out a fix as it's ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ092 View Post
    I've got a few issues.

- Google voice starts up on its own.
    - The phone calls my last recent call on its own when I open my browser.
    - Alarm clock no longer works!
    - Battery life has also decreased

They need to bring out a fix as it's ridiculous!

Have you factory reset your device?

The speaker phone issue coming on automatically is related to a bug found in Chrome browser ver. 33.
    This speaker phone issue happens every time after Chrome has been used.
    I stopped using Chrome browser (downloaded Chrome beta ver 34.xx) and the speaker phone issue is no longer present. Just waiting for an update to Chrome browser....

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One: Wondering if HTC will release a maintenance update to fix KitKat problems

It appears the 2nd wave of KitKat OTA are now rolling out in certain countries
    http://m.androidcentral.com/european..._medium=dlvrit

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One: Wondering if HTC will release a maintenance update to fix KitKat problems

HTC One: Wondering if HTC will release a maintenance update to fix KitKat problems-uploadfromtaptalk1395147430199.jpg Just received 2nd KitKat OTA on Vodafone UK

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Weepatc that's strange as I have an unlocked uk model and have nothing yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast