Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Went to Ford dealership today, and test-drove the Fusion. It's the Hybrid Titanium model. Car was great, but had an issue with BT. We were able to pair my One (running KitKat), and calls and such worked. However, music would not. In fact, in settings on my One, it said "Connected (no media)". We tried lots of things, but just couldn't get it to work. Of course, the salesman's iPhone worked like a damn charm.

Anyone have a Ford with SYNC and ran into this problem? I'm not buying a car for two more weeks, and this isn't exactly a deal breaker, but it kind of sucks.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by decypher44; 03-08-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: HTC One: Looking to buy Ford, but wouldn't play Bluetooth music with SYNC

Look at post #7 of this thread: Bluetooth stopped auto connecting with 4.3 update. :-(. See if you can look at the SYNC Bluetooth profile, and see if there is a "Media audio" profile that needs to be turned on.

EDIT: To do so, go to Settings>Bluetooth, make sure Bluetooth is on, then tap the settings icon next to the SYNC profile. Under Profiles, there should be Phone Audio and Media Audio, both with checkboxes. Make sure they're both checked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One: Looking to buy Ford, but wouldn't play Bluetooth music with SYNC

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Look at post #7 of this thread: Bluetooth stopped auto connecting with 4.3 update. :-(. See if you can look at the SYNC Bluetooth profile, and see if there is a "Media audio" profile that needs to be turned on.

EDIT: To do so, go to Settings>Bluetooth, make sure Bluetooth is on, then tap the settings icon next to the SYNC profile. Under Profiles, there should be Phone Audio and Media Audio, both with checkboxes. Make sure they're both checked.
    Yeah, they were checked. I also unchecked, the rechecked them. No dice. Tried unpairing, the pairing again. No dice. Thanks, though!