Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One for Nexus 5?

I have offer to give my HTC one for new Nexus 5 (my HTC is used, but little and to be fair, it's new, used for 3 days). Should I do this? Is Nexus an upgrade?

Live long and prosper!

Live long and prosper!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-10-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Default Re: HTC one for Nexus 5?

Hmmm, with all the problems (especially speakerphone coming on by itself while making calls)
    I have been facing on my One after upgrading to 4.4.2 , you ought to get the nexus 5 over the One.

Good luck
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm on 4.4.2. A and there are no problems at all...

Live long and prosper!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

If you like stock Android go for it.
    I don't.
    I prefer the HTC One in every other aspect (both hardware and software).
    Thanked by 2:
    FaisDoggNuuq 

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    I have offer to give my HTC one for new Nexus 5 (my HTC is used, but little and to be fair, it's new, used for 3 days). Should I do this? Is Nexus an upgrade?

Live long and prosper!

Live long and prosper!
    What made you choose the One in the first place? Is it worth giving that up for faster updates, better software?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    What made you choose the One in the first place? Is it worth giving that up for faster updates, better software?

I had N4, and my friend got HTC, but loved how does my N4 looks like, and with knowledge that I love phones, he made exchange.
    Now I can get N5 because this HTC is new. Someone said that N5 is MUCH faster than HTC ONE, and better all around... Is this true?
    When it comes to updates, no issue for me real use is bothering me... It's N5 that much better than HTC.
    THANKS ALL

Live long and prosper!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: HTC One for Nexus 5?

People keep using price point as pros for Nexus. My question is, someone is giving Nexus 5 and htc one for free, which to take?

Live long and prosper!

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

People keep using price point as pros for Nexus. My question is, someone is giving Nexus 5 and htc one for free, which to take?

Live long and prosper!
    I would do it. The Nexus 5 is a lot more smooth than the One when it comes to software. Camera is better in most situations, and the display is better IMO. Only plus of the One is the dual front facing speakers, but the Nexus 5's aren't bad.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks

Live long and prosper!

I was going to buy a Nexus 5 but took the HTC One cos it was free on my contract. I did want the HTC, but was unsure whether it would be able to hold its own against a newer phone.

IMO:
    - I love the HTC camera. It was a little disappointing at first, but once you get to know how powerful it is, you really can do so much with it. Yep, it takes small pictures, but damn they can look good. Lowlight is where it's at. I don't care about daylight photos. Every phone can take great photos in broad daylight. It's how they perform at night that separates them. I haven't used the Nexus 5 at night, but I have an idea of what it's capable of, and know that Vanilla Android has almost no camera settings to play with so IMO, HTC wins.

- Recording video is far superior sound-wise. I use the video function mostly at concerts and loud events. The Nexus 5 can't handle this, period. The sound comes out distorted and clipped. The HTC can take video and its sound is almost perfectly managed so that it doesn't distort no matter what volume.....and in stereo

- Front facing speakers are too good. I considered this a bonus feature when I was first looking at this phone. Now I don't think I could give them up :P

- Software bugs me on the HTC. I hate having to wait for HTC to mess Android up before I get the update. I wish we were at a point where everyone ran Vanilla Android, but Sense (for example) worked on a different application layer, so Google and HTC could work on their own bits in their own time and updates would be separate. In any case, pure Android runs soooo much better. I've still got my Nexus 4 connected to wifi and I'm comparing it to the HTC One....In terms of bugs, lag, smoothness, day to day real world performance, my Nexus 4 wins....I've played with the Nexus 5 and it's even better.
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I think that's the thing I needed... Will pay a bit with nexus tomorrow, and very likely go with it. Thanks.

Live long and prosper!

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

I would do it. The Nexus 5 is a lot more smooth than the One when it comes to software. Camera is better in most situations, and the display is better IMO. Only plus of the One is the dual front facing speakers, but the Nexus 5's aren't bad.

Did you own an HTC One?
    Better display? No way.
    Beter camera? Unless you have the problem with purple tint, again no way.
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Did you own an HTC One?
    Better display? No way.
    Beter camera? Unless you have the problem with purple tint, again no way.
    I don't own either, but I have used them enough to make a decision. The N5's screen is more accurate than the One, and it's bigger. Those two make it better IMO
    The camera on the One is only better in low light, and even then it's not that much better. The N5 takes better shots during the day

Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Thanks all... Writing this on my new nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

As my noobish signature says

Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

The One camera has many things like Zoes etc that are helpful. And much better video. N5 is decent, but nothing to brag about in terms of camera. For example S4 would indeed be better in landscape day photos. N5 is not that good in my experience.
    I don't know what you mean by screen being accurate, but I have to disagree about the image quality.

For me Nexus is all about vanilla Android and quick updates. If someone likes both of them then he should get it.
    Hardware-wise One is much better IMHO in terms as: built quality, design, sound, screen.
    I can't comment about battery, as I haven't been using my friend's N5 that much.

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Thanks all... Writing this on my new nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Nice. Let us know how you like it

Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Nice. Let us know how you like it

Considering a full year on nexus 4, looks like this is going to be another exciting year...

Live long and prosper.