Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to change lock screen app which changed on update?

So HTC One finally got the 4.4.2 release and I upgraded today, The problem I am having is that on my favourites bar I had my phone app, text app, web browser, and music app.
    After the update, my phone app was replaced with the Android guy icon, I assume this is default when the app cannot be found or something.
    So I removed the icon and put the phone app back. This worked perfectly fine on my unlocked screen, however it still shows the android guy on my lock screen.
    Here is a screen show of my locked and unlocked screen:
    How to change lock screen app which changed on update?-locked.jpgHow to change lock screen app which changed on update?-unlocked.jpg

How can I remove the android guy and replace it with my phone app as both locked and the unlocked screen should be in sync and show the same apps?

Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to change lock screen app which changed on update?

Well after contacting HTC I managed to get this fixed.
    I put the phone into safe mode which turns off all third party apps. When doing that I realised it was working correctly. So we knew it was something to do with an app installed (I assume APEX), However when I took it out of safe mode it all seemed to be working correctly. So I guess there was just some temporary data stored somewhere which broke it.

So if anyone else gets this problem, Just restart the phone to safe mode, then restart it out of safe mode, and hopefully that will work for you

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Default Re: How to change lock screen app which changed on update?

My co-worker had the same issue, turned off Nova then back on and it was fixed.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One