Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default texting problem

I tried to send a text when I had no service and it said something along the lines of 'message will be sent when service available'. Anyways, it's been a few hours, service has been available and I've tried turning it off and on but texting still won't work. I can send and receive texts but they do not go to my message box (I still get a notification when a text is received). Any idea how to solve this?

Default Re: texting problem

Way back in my Inc days there was a poster with this same issue and what ended up working for them was uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. If you are using the stock app, obviously you will not be able to uninstall, however you could install a third party app and switch to that as your main texting app, since the KitKat makes you declare only one texting app. Then see if just switching back to it clears up your issue. If not try the install and uninstall with the third party app. Be sure to declare your texting app in your preferences each time. If this doesn't work post back and we'll try some of the other things that didn't work for that poster so long ago.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.