Screen won't auto-rotate

bitrate

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got an HTC One a few days ago and love it. However, I can't get the screen to rotate no matter what I do. I've tried toggling the 'auto-rotate screen' option on and off and on again. Tried doing a reset. Numerous reboots... When I run G-Sensor calibration, it says 'Calibrating' for a few seconds and then says 'Calibration stopped'. Also tried booting into safe mode and get the same results. Haven't used Android since 2009ish or so, so I'm not too familiar with all the settings and such... is there a setting or switch somewhere that I'm missing? Or does this sound like a hardware issue?

Sammy DS

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I had an issue with the auto-rotate on my new HTC One M8. I thought that the "G sensor" broke because my phone fell a couple of times, but thanks to you I just discovered that the calibration was simply wrong for some reason.

Anyways I was just writing to tell you that your post (even if it wasn't intended to) really helped me!

So thanks and good luck! ;)

Sammy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem and it is on the LG Flex. Inside the Settings back menus, there is a feature under the DISPLAY group called HOME SCREEN that you must uncheck that says that the home screen can never rotate. Also there is a button that must be turned on that will then light up as active on the main (first) primary settings screen that has brightness, bluetooth, sound, WiFi, and other options. This primary options screen is the one at the top that is visible when you run your finger from the top to the bottom on your phone.

Vincent Jimenez Sr

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem and downloaded an picture rotate app to where even the rotation was checked on my phone the app was a pain
so I found that my calibration was not calibrated at all, so the instructions to be correct , lay your phone on a flat surface and it will calibrate
correctly and come to find out my calibration was off causing the pictures not to rotate and I uninstalled the rotation app and I am so happy it's working to a tee again. You will find the calibration on the gestures section and its on the bottom of the gestors section. There was not need to restore or back up at all. Do not calibrate your phone holding it at a veridical position or even at a 45 angle, the phone suppose to be on a flat surface facing up, but you won't be able to see the two dots on the calibration but trust me it will tell you it is calibrated. And you will see
after its done your rotation should work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance