Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I get help with my contacts list?

For the last few weeks I will save a new contact and then when I go to my contact list, they are not there. But if I hand type their number in the keypad, it will pop up. Why are they not autmatically showing anymore? Then a few days ago, I was messing with the settings to try to fix this and I quadrupled my contacts. Every email address I ever sent to popped into my contacts. How do I get rid of those? TIA

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Can I get help with my contacts list?

Quote Originally Posted by les7699 View Post
    For the last few weeks I will save a new contact and then when I go to my contact list, they are not there. But if I hand type their number in the keypad, it will pop up. Why are they not autmatically showing anymore? Then a few days ago, I was messing with the settings to try to fix this and I quadrupled my contacts. Every email address I ever sent to popped into my contacts. How do I get rid of those? TIA
    Open the contacts (or people) app and press menu. There should be an option to display which contacts you want shown.

Also, go into system settings > accounts > google and check that you have the contacts sync'd. If there any other accounts aside from your google account logged sync'd make sure you remove or edit those accordingly. Hopefully this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Open the contacts (or people) app and press menu. There should be an option to display which contacts you want shown.

That's how I ended up with all of them to begin with

Also, go into system settings > accounts > google and check that you have the contacts sync'd. If there any other accounts aside from your google account logged sync'd make sure you remove or edit those accordingly. Hopefully this helps.
    I only have my google synched.

I guess I have to go in and individually delete them

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

You do not. Do as the first response stated. People then menu and check off what contacts you want visible.

Posted via Android Central App

If that doesn't fully remove the contacts that you do not want to see you can log into your Google account on a PC or Mac and edit them in batch form from your contacts list. Open a browser type "Google contacts", you will be prompted to enter your Google log in information, and then taken to your contacts. When your done be sure to sync to your device, and you'll be good to go.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

In the upper left you can choose which phone book is visible (phone,sim,google,facebook) and make sure your saving our contacts to Google and not the phone or sim when you add a contact

Last edited by supert1020; 04-08-2014 at 11:50 AM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by TimmE View Post
    You do not. Do as the first response stated. People then menu and check off what contacts you want visible.

I don't have an option that says make certain ones visible. When I played with the menu buttons, that's how I ended up with all of them showing in the first place

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Tap the people app. On the top left it will say phonebook. Tap that. A list of available contact sources will open. I find Google to be the most convenient so I use only that one. There are other choices like phone. If you choose more than one you will get duplicates.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by TimmE View Post
    Tap the people app. On the top left it will say phonebook. Tap that. A list of available contact sources will open. I find Google to be the most convenient so I use only that one. There are other choices like phone. If you choose more than one you will get duplicates.

Google is the only one I use as well yet any added contacts the last few weeks do not show