Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [HTC One M7] Battery Calibration/Dying battery?

I have an ATT M7 One that is a little under a year old and recently (Past month or so) I have been having really odd battery fluctuations. Iíll link to an imgur album with some of the battery level graphs that Iíve caught in the past few weeks to hopefully help you understand what Iím talking about more clearly since I donít think Iíll be able to describe them very accurately on my own. So in the first case iíve encountered I will charge the battery fully, and once the phone is running on battery it will last anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe an hour two and then just die. But when it dies, the battery level still displays 60%-70%.(Images 4,5,6,& 7) Then when I turn the phone back on the battery level will be anywhere from around 0%-20% and will last for another couple of minutes before dying again. There is another case of my battery acting really strange where the battery level will stay at around 50%-60% even though itís being charged continuously (Right side of Image 1). I donít know if itís because my batteryís calibration is off or of the battery is just dying. I really hope the battery isnít just outright dying; to get to this level of battery instability in under a year seems pretty shocking to me. I should add that i didnít get any of these problems before I rooted my phone. I didnít notice it while it was rooted with the stock rom. I initially started noticing the problem after I installed a GPE rom (not exactly sure which). I thought it was just the rom at first but Iíve switched around to different roms and have been getting the same problem. So does anyone know what the problem is or what could have caused it and if it is even fixable at all?

Thanks for any input!

imgur album : Battery Issues - Imgur

Default Re: [HTC One M7] Battery Calibration/Dying battery?

Quote Originally Posted by chotai View Post
    I have an ATT M7 One that is a little under a year old and recently (Past month or so) I have been having really odd battery fluctuations. Iíll link to an imgur album with some of the battery level graphs that Iíve caught in the past few weeks to hopefully help you understand what Iím talking about more clearly since I donít think Iíll be able to describe them very accurately on my own. So in the first case iíve encountered I will charge the battery fully, and once the phone is running on battery it will last anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe an hour two and then just die. But when it dies, the battery level still displays 60%-70%.(Images 4,5,6,& 7) Then when I turn the phone back on the battery level will be anywhere from around 0%-20% and will last for another couple of minutes before dying again. There is another case of my battery acting really strange where the battery level will stay at around 50%-60% even though itís being charged continuously (Right side of Image 1). I donít know if itís because my batteryís calibration is off or of the battery is just dying. I really hope the battery isnít just outright dying; to get to this level of battery instability in under a year seems pretty shocking to me. I should add that i didnít get any of these problems before I rooted my phone. I didnít notice it while it was rooted with the stock rom. I initially started noticing the problem after I installed a GPE rom (not exactly sure which). I thought it was just the rom at first but Iíve switched around to different roms and have been getting the same problem. So does anyone know what the problem is or what could have caused it and if it is even fixable at all?

Thanks for any input!

imgur album : Battery Issues - Imgur
    Mine wasn't shutting off like yours unfortunately. I'm on AT&T also. But I noticed after 4.4 update my battery life tanked so bad I couldn't even get a half a day. No calibration app worked. I did a full factory reset, even though it's a pain in the ***. But since then I can go almost a day and a half without charging. I would still try a reset. If not time for a warranty replacement.. Since your rooted I would go back to stock. Maybe a bad rom..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Mine wasn't shutting off like yours unfortunately. I'm on AT&T also. But I noticed after 4.4 update my battery life tanked so bad I couldn't even get a half a day. No calibration app worked. I did a full factory reset, even though it's a pain in the ***. But since then I can go almost a day and a half without charging. I would still try a reset. If not time for a warranty replacement.. Since your rooted I would go back to stock. Maybe a bad rom..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    How do you do a factory reset? Is is more than just wiping all of the partitions?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

UPDATE: I've performed a factory reset and used the phone as normal while watching battery life. The battery life lasted about an hour and a half, getting down to 80%. Throughout the battery life I was re-installing my apps and one of my restores required a restart. When I restarted my phone, the phone powered on with 60% battery life then died about a minute later.

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Then i would delete the app that made you restart. Sounds like that is the culprit.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Have you gotten the phone wet recently? Dropped it?

It sounds like some sort of hardware problem. It's highly doubtful an app could kill a battery that quickly.

I would honestly try and get it replaced

Posted via Android Central App