Android system draining battery please HELP!!!!!

Mike Nielsen

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
ynapyny7.jpg
bebe5avu.jpg
eba4y8e3.jpg
ybu8uma8.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What's you total time on? Give us the battery stats screen shot that shows the battery graph.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Same exact thing here. Just in the past week I have dropped to nearly 20% after about 6 hours each day.

Posted via Android Central App

DeathAngel74

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I was having issues too. So far, the only thing that helped was charging the battery to 100%, booting into recovery and clearing the cache. After that, I shut the phone off, held both vol. buttons + power for 2 full minutes, then booted back into recovery and wiped the cache again. I also found that firmware has a major influence on battery consumption. I wiped my phone, installed SkyDragon 15.1, which is based on 4.19.1540.9 dev. firmware and installed 4.19.1540.9 in fastboot. All good so far. Almost 2 hours since unplugging the charger, 1% is gone, still at 99%. I will report back tomorrow after the phone has been on all day, receiving and making call and texts.

sinner1300

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Dogs do u have a suggestion of a good app

I've been using clean master to clear ram but I have to do that like every hour to get battery life

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

sinner1300

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Just booted into recovery and cleared cache but didn't seem to do anythin battery is just dropping down 8% in 5min

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a similar issue. I think it started after I upgraded to KitKat. I am thinking about doing a factory reset and to try to fix this issue. Has anyone else tried doing a factory reset to fix the battery drain issues? If so, did it work?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been having a similar issue. I think it started after I upgraded to KitKat. I am thinking about doing a factory reset and to try to fix this issue. Has anyone else tried doing a factory reset to fix the battery drain issues? If so, did it work?

I did a factory reset and solved my battery drain issue completely. I couldn't go half a day without charging it after the kitkat update. Now I can go a full day sometimes even more.. At least 16 hours... It works great. But others said it didn't help. Doesn't hurt to try..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Dogs do u have a suggestion of a good app

I've been using clean master to clear ram but I have to do that like every hour to get battery life

Better Battery Stats is the app I use to track down exactly what is draining my battery. When the OS reports Android System that's just not enough to go on. In my particular case I have a wireless printer that's very chatty and was causing WLAN wakelocks when I'm at home.

As others have mentioned there is a lot of evidence that a factory reset after a KitKat upgrade has a positive effect on battery life.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mondingo, can you explain what you mean by a factory reset not hurting to try? It's always been a pain for me: Re downloading all my apps, setting my configurations... About 2 hours. Ugh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia