Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard difficulty. ( Long hold does not work )

I had my swype/dragon keyboard working just fine. All of a sudden its gone and I am stuck with HTC Sense keyboard and I CANNOT change it. It's painful to even search for help as EVERY fix for this is "Long hold in a text field and it will show the 'input' option" This does nothing for me. I long hold and get some haptic feedback, but no visual options. I'm hoping I'm not the only one this has happened to, and I hope whoever else it has happened to has a solution.

I've done plenty of rebooting and reinstalling keyboards already. Tried with Swype and Google Keyboard.

Android 4.4.2
    HTC Sense 5.5

Default Re: Keyboard difficulty. ( Long hold does not work )

They did away with the long press and hold option several OSs ago. Open a field to type with the keyboard up, pull down the notification bar and there is a keyboard titled Choose input method tap that and it will take you to your installed keyboards. From the menu that opens up you can choose the bottom option Set up input methods to make option changes to the way each keyboard works, or you can change the options from Language and keyboards under settings.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.