Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No options under "Restore my phone from the Cloud"

Hi all,

I did a factory reset on my phone because I'd been having battery issues and just wanted to restart.

I backed it up using the HTC account and used dropbox to store all of the information.
    I can still see the information in my dropbox account (when I access it through the a desktop browser).
    I have downloaded the dropbox app again and it's listed under "Settings > Accounts & Sync"

However now I've completed the backup and am looking to restore the information, I go to:
    Settings > Backup & Reset > Restore from HTC Backup > ... But then there are no cloud backups to restore.

Anybody had a similar issue? I believe in that last menu should be the option to restore my dropbox account.

Default Re: No options under "Restore my phone from the Cloud"

The only thing I can think of is that your dropbox isn't properly connected to your HTC backup. I see in your post that you have it sync'd with your phone but is it set as your backup destination and source? I'd look around in the settings for backup and reset to see if there is something you can change there. When you saved the backup did you have to enter any information that directed to dropbox or did you have to choose it from a list or anything? Perhaps trying to save another backup making dropbox your destination and then doing a restore without doing a wipe will allow you to see them and choose the one you want.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Default Re: No options under "Restore my phone from the Cloud"

I had the exact same problem, but I found a solution here.
    How to solve "Restore from HTC backup" greyed out problem ?