tmarvel

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've waited awhile to tryvthe 4.4 update in hopes of all the bugs being worked out. Should I update or just stay with 4.3???

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Personally I m staying with 4.3. There are too many things I don't like about 4.4.

I agree there are some things about the 4.4 update that could have been better, well maybe better isn't the right way to say it. Different or left alone is a better way to say it. There are some things they just shouldn't have touched and the way they changed some stuff was questionable for being better.

I was hoping that the bugs were worked out of 4.4......

Posted via Android Central App

As for bugs, what bugs are concerning you? There haven't been any patches put out after the 4.4 update came out, so until you begin hearing something about patches nothing has changed.

I'm surprised that both of you were able to ignore the update. I'm guessing neither of you are on Verizon. Unless they've changed the way they do updates, with Verizon they push them out and you can dodge them for a little while but eventually you'll wake up one day and find that you've been upgraded. Whatever you choose to do good luck to you and all those who choose not to update and were able to.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am with Sprint. The update notice is annoying and I wake up to it every morning. I just go into all apps and force close Updater. It only lasts for about 24hrs but so far so good. I will probably root my One after the warranty expires just to avoid this exact problem as well as the bloatware. I rooted my old Hero and never looked back.

robw

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I accepte the update yesterday. I am not finding any problems at all. In fact, my battery life seems to be improved and everything is very responsive.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I updated as soon as the update was available. No issues. Actually, it fixed some bugs that I had before (like wifi not connecting issues, etc)...

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have read that you have to accept the lock screen in 4.4 and that there is no way around it. Even the apps don't get rid of it. I also hate the white battery icon. I know that is extremely minor but it's a preference. If I didn't have to have the lock screen forced on me then I would "upgrade".

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I am with Sprint. The update notice is annoying and I wake up to it every morning. I just go into all apps and force close Updater. It only lasts for about 24hrs but so far so good. I will probably root my One after the warranty expires just to avoid this exact problem as well as the bloatware. I rooted my old Hero and never looked back.

There's an option to uncheck notifications at that App Info too, or am I wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk