HTC one won't load images on the web, help!

SwindleHeart

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It just turns to white when I click on an image to get the full screen (like from Google images, the pics will all load but if I pick one it goes to white).

I've emptied my cache, made sure I have the load images option ON and it won't work! I'm using the browser that comes with the HTC one. Please help ... Thank you

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you using chrome or the other browser? have you done any updates lately to either of those apps? Just tried mine and all is well.

spdypat3

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I started having the same problem last night while looking for an image using the standard internet browser. Only a white page would come up when you click to expand an image using a Google image search, yahoo worked just fine to bring up images. I have reset everything through the browser and also applications. Tried an android tablet, default browser, same search and everything went through fine. We seem to have the same problem on the HTC One

spdypat3

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried with a coworkers phone, Samsung s4. Same problem with the standard browser. I wonder if its a problem on Google's end and the default browser. Chrome also worked for me

Frank L Birkhoff

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just to chime in,

Same thing happened on my HTC ONE this morning.

White page appears after you click on thumbnail.

However, if you long press and select open in new tab , it works

WEIRD

Thanks

spdypat3

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed the long press does work. Its like the phones don't want to run the script or whatever to scroll through the pictures. str8, I don't recall a Google update yesterday and its not popping up in my recently updated section.

the-str8jacket

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Spdypat, can't think of any other reason for it to behave like this if nothing else had changed on our phones? I read somewhere that Java script must be ticked on and mine is, could this affect it?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really sounds like it's something with Google and not a phone issue. They've been known to change things and end up breaking something.

spdypat3

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Java is turned on my phone as well. I am thinking Google did something, which is messing up the phones now. We can only hope that they realize their error and fix it.

spdypat3

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I tried on a coworkers S4 earlier and it had the same problem with the stock browser. My girlfriend is setting up her brand new S5, so ill be sure to try it on that phone as well... even though I'm certain its not going to work. Its annoying and I hope there is a solution soon because I am outta ideas...

habibi edsa

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
O my dear, It's same like what I had got yesterday...
It's also happening in my country Indonesia.
I thought I was the only one who had this problem.
I've been using Galaxy Note N7000.

Everything is fine if I use any other app browers, but when the standar browser is used to see image browser, the problem occurs in which the white blank page appears.. It's really annoyin'.. But when it's openend by pressing at some length to new tab, the picture appears.
I had done some things like deleting cookies, deactiveting java, clearing chache, shaking my android and other things, but those hadn't fix anythin'..

But strangely it wasn't happening to some androids that my friends have. they use Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160, s3 and Galaxy Tab 3....
When I opened the standar browser using theirs, there was no problem. when I touched image browser on theirs, the picture just showed directly.

What's wrong with this thing guys?

Is there anyone who knows and could fix this matter?

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
HTC one using stock browser having same issue. We have to log a post on the Google product page and then get as many people as we can to confirm the problem in the past this then got Google to fix the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969