Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default UPDATE! HTC One: stupid lock screen question. please help!

UPDATE!

upgraded to 5.14.531.1 today and the decision to use a lock screen is mine again. praise glory hallelujah!

i don't know what this is called at the bottom of the lock screen...but how can i change what's in it? i am sick of accidentally opening 'messages' which i haven't used in months. i'd rather have two camera icons and two useless android icons. i f-ing hate having the lock screen, and this adds insult to injury.

thank you!!

UPDATE! HTC One: stupid lock screen question. please help!-screenshot_2014-04-26-15-39-23.jpg
    Last edited by walterkurtz; 05-19-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Global Posts
    18,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HTC One: stupid lock screen question. please help!

Quote Originally Posted by walterkurtz View Post
    i don't know what this is called at the bottom of the lock screen...but how can i change what's in it? i am sick of accidentally opening 'messages' which i haven't used in months. i'd rather have two camera icons and two useless android icons. i f-ing hate having the lock screen, and this adds insult to injury.

thank you!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-26-15-39-23.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	114985
    I have the M8, but hopefully, this still applies.
    The icons are what is in the dock in Blinkfeed launcher. Since I use Nova, I just emptied the dock in Blinkfeed launcher, and now I get only the unlock icon.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I have the M8, but hopefully, this still applies.
    The icons are what is in the dock in Blinkfeed launcher. Since I use Nova, I just emptied the dock in Blinkfeed launcher, and now I get only the unlock icon.
    i'll try that, but this is what my nova looks like....i don't see anything for blinkfeed. i vaguely recall installing nova, last year, to disable blinkfeed when i first got my HTC. any other suggestions? thank you!

UPDATE! HTC One: stupid lock screen question. please help!-screenshot_2014-04-27-20-40-33.jpg

Global Posts
    18,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I had to temporarily reenable the stock launcher (blknkfeed) to remove the apps from the dock. After that, I set Nova back as default. If you go further down you will see select default home. Click that, and select blinkfeed. That will bring you back to stock. Follow through the dock clearing, and then reopen Nova.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Thanked by:
    walterkurtz likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I had to temporarily reenable the stock launcher (blknkfeed) to remove the apps from the dock. After that, I set Nova back as default. If you go further down you will see select default home. Click that, and select blinkfeed. That will bring you back to stock. Follow through the dock clearing, and then reopen Nova.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    success! now i have a camera on either side and padlock in the middle. i wish i did not have to go through this screen at all, but it's better than before. thank you!!

Global Posts
    18,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

success! now i have a camera on either side and padlock in the middle. i wish i did not have to go through this screen at all, but it's better than before. thank you!!
    If you would like, you can totally disable the lockscreen.

Phone Timeline
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

If you would like, you can totally disable the lockscreen.
    hmmm...i think i've tried every posted method on android forums. what do you suggest? so far, i have tried SETTINGS>SECURITY>SCREEN LOCK>NONE to no avail. and i also installed an app called NO LOCK (from 2011?) which did work, but caused other problems.

Global Posts
    18,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

hmmm...i think i've tried every posted method on android forums. what do you suggest? so far, i have tried SETTINGS>SECURITY>SCREEN LOCK>NONE to no avail. and i also installed an app called NO LOCK (from 2011?) which did work, but caused other problems.
    Strange...that exact path works for me, and that is what I was thinking of.

Edit: I am on the M8, with Sense 6. Perhaps that is the difference. (Excuse the lack of knowledge/help. This is my first HTC)

Phone Timeline

You can add and remove the widgets in the dock to your liking

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador