Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Serious battery issue, not under warranty.

So I've had my phone since November. I've had battery issues from day one, and even replaced the first phone I got after the first week because of the problem, but it stayed consistent with the 2nd phone. Now, the battery is worse than ever. It literally takes about 12+ hours to charge and it drops to 99% the second it is removed from the charger. It drains to 30% in about 6 hours (with use), and 6 is on a good day.
    If I use the phone at all while it's charging (I know that's a no-no), it loses power.
    I have not tried a new charger yet, but I have my doubts that this is the real issue. Last time I did a hard reset, I lost everything and nothing backed up to HTC Sync Master or whatever the stock software is that you install when you connect your phone to your computer, so I'm not about to do that again. I did not buy the warranty when I purchased the phone because I'm very careful with my phones and I'm also very cheap.
    What are my options here? There is clearly something wrong with my phone. I do plan on trying a new charger, but the battery issue will still persist regardless of how long it takes to charge. ANY advice is helpful.
    I'm not looking for battery saving tips, trust me, I've tried things as far back as results one page 12 of google searches; there's nothing to be done.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Serious battery issue, not under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by reptar fingers View Post
    So I've had my phone since November. I've had battery issues from day one, and even replaced the first phone I got after the first week because of the problem, but it stayed consistent with the 2nd phone. Now, the battery is worse than ever. It literally takes about 12+ hours to charge and it drops to 99% the second it is removed from the charger. It drains to 30% in about 6 hours (with use), and 6 is on a good day.
    If I use the phone at all while it's charging (I know that's a no-no), it loses power.
    I have not tried a new charger yet, but I have my doubts that this is the real issue. Last time I did a hard reset, I lost everything and nothing backed up to HTC Sync Master or whatever the stock software is that you install when you connect your phone to your computer, so I'm not about to do that again. I did not buy the warranty when I purchased the phone because I'm very careful with my phones and I'm also very cheap.
    What are my options here? There is clearly something wrong with my phone. I do plan on trying a new charger, but the battery issue will still persist regardless of how long it takes to charge. ANY advice is helpful.
    I'm not looking for battery saving tips, trust me, I've tried things as far back as results one page 12 of google searches; there's nothing to be done.
    Well, it looks as your battery is worn out I will say there is nothing much you can do other than replacing it. There is just no use of doing any hard reset or the use of battery saver application.