Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joe_fresh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yayy!! another HTC one problem :)

During phone calls the screen stays on. The screen will only turn off if I literally place my finger over the IR sensor. This has caused so many dropped calls it's such a pos. Any fixes for this or let me guess....I gotta roll the dice again and get another phone? The phone has never been dropped. Or clean inappropriately. Or breathed on wrong. Or looked at wrong. It's just not working. This one I can prove a million times to anyone who asks. Every call. Every time.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Default Re: Yayy!! another HTC one problem :)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Barr View Post
    During phone calls the screen stays on. The screen will only turn off if I literally place my finger over the IR sensor. This has caused so many dropped calls it's such a pos. Any fixes for this or let me guess....I gotta roll the dice again and get another phone? The phone has never been dropped. Or clean inappropriately. Or breathed on wrong. Or looked at wrong. It's just not working. This one I can prove a million times to anyone who asks. Every call. Every time.

Then take it to your carrier and show them. Sounds like it is time for you to find a happy phone or a jitter bug phone

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
    Thanked by:
    ram1220 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah jitterbug sounds about right. One more thing....this purple tint my camera gives..what is this caused by? Is it a hardware or software thing?

If the profile pic you've set is an actual pic of you then I would say your screen issue is a hair issue. Long over the ear hair can bleed light through and allow the sensor to see enough light that it is fooled into staying on. Two options are to reposition the device when holding it to your ear or press it harder against your ear to create more of a seal at the sensor. Another thing that many people take for granted is that while the sensor may not seem soiled light amounts of oil, makeup or hair care products can cause the sensor to think it's dark (or darker than it is) causing it to not respond when an actual dark condition occurs. Keeping the sensor clean and finding the right position when speaking on the phone may be the two things that help you solve this problem.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.