Faster charging

yojoebosolo

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Alright guys,

I read somewhere, a while back, (vague I know) that the HTC one M8 supports faster USB charging "when a new charger is released"...
Does anyone have any more information on this, such as when this charger will be released in the UK and how much faster it should be?

My one gripe about the phone is the fact that it takes up to 4 hours (usually 3) to charge from about 20%, which is crazy slow. My WP would charge in about an hour and a half and i felt that was a long time compared to the iPhone 5s...

Also does anybody know if using my 2amp (samsung tablet) charger would do any damage whatsoever to the phone or battery? I've always used it on my other phones but want the battery on this one to last as long as possible... It does seem quicker but have been sticking to the 1amp STOCK charger for safety and battery health reasons.

Thanks in advance!
Joe

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I also read somewhere that faster charging was possible. But I also read that feature was disabled because it reduced the number of times the battery could be recharged - not good for a non removable battery.

Yes you can use higher rated chargers - I use my Nexus 7 charger on my HTC One with no issues, the phone will draw only the amount power that it needs.