Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power Button Concern on HTC One M7

My phones power button is almost flush and I'm worried about it not working in the future. I got it last July and it protruded quite nicely. (Compared to others) Screen broke sent back to HTC and the home button has been sketchy ever since. It works, but does anyone have any ideas as how to to maybe fix it? I'm with AT&T could they possible do anything? Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Power Button Concern on HTC One M7

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" as the saying goes.
    You could minimize the use of the power button by setting the screen-on time to a minimum. Then don't use the power button to turn it off; just let it time out.
    Or you could use an app like Shake Screen On Off
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.on.off&hl=en
    EDIT: Tried Shake Screen On Off, too much effort to turn screen on.
    Last edited by TWC42; 05-20-2014 at 10:11 AM.

If it's working I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it being flush. Mine is actually pretty flush as well, had to look after reading your post to see that but... Anyway, without opening the phone and voiding your warranty there isn't anyway to fix it externally. If it's really bothering you I'd say go to any of the provider stores and check theirs out as a comparison, just because I'm pretty sure flush isn't a problem. I'd be more worried if it was unusually sticky, didn't feel like it was springing back, or made an odd click or other sound when pressed.

On a side note when I got my One I was constantly hitting the power button by accident because it was so sensitive. That is until I got my case.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

My N7's power button is flush but has never been a problem. There are a few apps (Auto Screen On, for instance) that allow screen to activate by tapping, bypassing the power button. I found it to be a bit of a battery hog, but works great.

i use GRavity Screen on the play store

installed it and now i dont need to use power button to put it to sleep or to wake

works great for my HTC one 7
    EDIT to add that i set mine to go to sleep when i put it down and wakes when i pick it up

also doesnt drain my battery at all
    Thanked by:
    petaf 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks everyone for your input. I downloaded Gravity Screen today and I've yet to hit my power button at all. Also haven't noticed any battery drain. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerd97 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input. I downloaded Gravity Screen today and I've yet to hit my power button at all. Also haven't noticed any battery drain. Thanks again!

here is a tip..
    when the phone is in sleep mode after an extended period, to wake it just place it face down then lift up to wake it