Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rosh88
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Can't unlock model PN7120

Hey guys, I purchased a HTC One (M7) stating it was locked to Telus (Canada) and it can be unlocked. Went through two unlocking sites stating the carrier is Telus along with my IMEI and both sites returned stating that my phone could'nt be unlocked. After a while I noticed the model number on the back which is PN07120 and it came back as a AT&T model on Google search. Will I be able to unlock it choosing the right carrier this time or is it going to fail again since the IMEI number is whats important? Any advice?
    Joliaa likes this.

Default Re: HTC One: Can't unlock model PN7120

I guess my first thoughts would be did this phone under previous owner have an outstanding balance that was due to the carrier and that is the reason your having issues and won't be released. Other thought which has happened to many, a device is stolen and sold to someone ( not knowing this ) and they end up with a blacklisted device.

But I would contact AT&T and Telus customer service and see what the story is if you continue to keep having issues.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
    Thanked by 2:

It depends... Did they say why it couldn't be unlocked?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    rosh88 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

the owner said he's with Telus and his sim card worked fine, the unlocking site quickphoneunlock.com said that it's factory refurbished.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I guess my first thoughts would be did this phone under previous owner have an outstanding balance that was due to the carrier and that is the reason your having issues and won't be released. Other thought which has happened to many, a device is stolen and sold to someone ( not knowing this ) and they end up with a blacklisted device.

But I would contact AT&T and Telus customer service and see what the story is if you continue to keep having issues.
    Definitely contact att. Doesn't hurt to try

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Paul627g likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Could it also be the fact that I chose the wrong carrier (Telus) when i submitted a request for an unlock code when its an AT&T device?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Definitely contact att. Doesn't hurt to try

Quote Originally Posted by rosh88 View Post
    Could it also be the fact that I chose the wrong carrier (Telus) when i submitted a request for an unlock code when its an AT&T device?
    Sure, doesn't hurt to try.

I got my unlock key for HTC One Mini 2 a couple of days after I ordered it to safeunlockcode.com. It unlocked my phone with no problems. I followed their instructions and unlocked my phone within minutes