Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon HTC One m7 4.4.2 , sense 6 update caused *root failure* on weaksauce

Hey everyone, I have a Verizon HTC one m7 running 4.4.2 and just recently, HTC sense 6. When I had sense 5.5 I had my phone rooted and was enjoying messing around with the hidden side of android. I used weaksauce to root and used superSU. It all worked first try before but now that my phone updated to sense 6 I get root failure in weaksauce. I've tried to uninstall both weaksauce and supersu and reinstall both and all different combinations of things to get root back on my phone but nothing is working. I'm guessing the update caused this since it was all good before so if anyone could let me know anything at all about this or possibly how to fix this or if they also have this problem or if there is an alternate way to root my phone and enjoy root access and all that it encompasses, please let me know here. Thank you for your time and help ( I hope )
    -Travis

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Verizon HTC One m7 4.4.2 , sense 6 update caused *root failure* on weaksauce

Yea sense 6 seems to have broken my weaksauce exploit. Hoping a fix comes soon.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Verizon HTC One m7 4.4.2 , sense 6 update caused *root failure* on weaksauce

Well at least I know I'm not alone in this struggle lol

I knew I shouldn't have ran the update. Even though I froze many of the crapware my phone was still laggy. I updated hoping that would fix things and now weaksuace does not work. So no, you are not alone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Personally I like sense 6 ALOT more than 5.5, the only thing I'm missing is root access. So I guess it's time to play the waiting game until weaksauce (or another root program) is applicable to sense 6, I am going to be SO in love with my phone once i have root access once again.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

HTC m7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon HTC One m7 4.4.2  , sense 6 update caused *root failure* on weaksauce-22929.jpg  

anyone hear any updates with this?

Still nothing I check every forum every day now and still nothing... wish my phone never updated
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by BeoXify View Post
    Still nothing I check every forum every day now and still nothing... wish my phone never updated
    I also search around almost every day to see if anyone has made any progress with this. Please post here if you find anything out and I will do the same. Thanks

HTC m7

Hopefully m7 is still on the front burner... I actually had my phone s-off and rooted, but it bugged out and I had to turn it in to Verizon for a replacement (a newly updated m7 phone) . Its been a struggle to keep root - weak sauce was a good fix while it lasted. I must have selected the update by accident because I woke up with Sense 6 and no root. Once again Verizon wins... Anyone that finds a new exploit or patch for weak sauce to I will gladly contribute....Being rootless is like having your hands tied behind your back.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley47 View Post
    Hopefully m7 is still on the front burner... I actually had my phone s-off and rooted, but it bugged out and I had to turn it in to Verizon for a replacement (a newly updated m7 phone) . Its been a struggle to keep root - weak sauce was a good fix while it lasted. I must have selected the update by accident because I woke up with Sense 6 and no root. Once again Verizon wins... Anyone that finds a new exploit or patch for weak sauce to I will gladly contribute....Being rootless is like having your hands tied behind your back.
    That's a good way to put it hahahaha, Verizon is currently holding us hostage and we are waiting for an exploit to come and untie the ropes

HTC m7

+1
    Would also help support the effort!

Did you guys find out yet?

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Only this lol it just says we are all " outta luck" until an update is made

HTC m7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon HTC One m7 4.4.2  , sense 6 update caused *root failure* on weaksauce-23831.jpg  
    Thanked by:

step 1: run sunshine 2.0
    step 2: run towelroot
    step 3: ???
    step 4: PROFIT
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I know! I'm very happy that sunshine is now compatible with the m7 thanks to jcase and beaups and their team.

HTC m7
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts

Ugh, just when I found out about weaksauce I can't do it anymore T_T
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by arukaen View Post
    Ugh, just when I found out about weaksauce I can't do it anymore T_T
    Yeah that's old AF at this point and pretty much obsolete. Nothing to T_T over though just use sunshine and towelroot

HTC m7 s-off, unlocked, rooted.

finally a solution to this problem!!
    sunshine the root ninja google sunshine root for link has come up with rev 2.0 which will s-off and unlock your bootloader then you can use the procedures from htconeroot.com for Verizon m7 root to install recovery then install superuser I found cwm recovery works better for me than twrp but everything is working great now!! sunshine is not free costs $25 but for me was well worth it
    now have everything I want.
    good luck
    delta718

I just bought a Verizon M7 off ebay. Looks like the owner updated it to 4.4.2 and Sense 6 with HBOOT 1.57.

Tried Weaksauce for root - doesn't work.
    Tried Towelroot for root - says it gives me root, but when I run root checker says no root.
    After running Towelroot, run Sunshine. It tells me I need to run TempRoot which I do and it goes through the process and says: "SU access denied - SunShine was unable to gain root with SU, please ensure su is functioning properly and try again."

I am pretty sure I can't use HTCDEV to unlock boot loader and it seems like firewater will not work with the versions on my M7 to gain S-OFF.

I am wanting to update the M7 to a GPE ROM

I am out of luck or is there a backdoor?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcalloway View Post
    I just bought a Verizon M7 off ebay. Looks like the owner updated it to 4.4.2 and Sense 6 with HBOOT 1.57.

Tried Weaksauce for root - doesn't work.
    Tried Towelroot for root - says it gives me root, but when I run root checker says no root.
    After running Towelroot, run Sunshine. It tells me I need to run TempRoot which I do and it goes through the process and says: "SU access denied - SunShine was unable to gain root with SU, please ensure su is functioning properly and try again."

I am out of luck or is there a backdoor?

Had this problem for while, and you're gunna beat your head off the wall...

Sunshine works ONLY on COMPLETE STOCK models. Did some hard reading all day today at work.

Uninstall Weaksauce
    Uninstall Towelroot
    Uninstall ALL SuperUser apps

Restart your phone. Wait for it is fully booted. Done preparing SIM, acquire signal, All that good stuff.

Then run Sunshine. Make sure you're over 50% battery life. Pay attention to the app as it does its work, series of questions pop up during its tasks. Pay the $25. Continue to follow its requests, and thats all she wrote, folks. Best $25 I've spent in a long while.

My current stats When I Ran sunshine was
    Verizon HTC One M7
    Hboot 1.57
    Sense 6
    Kitkat 4.4.2

Thanks sharpshooter238. I will try this now. When you say uninstall all Super User apps, are you talking about just he SU apps or apps that rely on SU like OTA RootKeeper, Titanium etc...?

Worked Like a Charm!

Curious.. Were you able to unlock your HTC M7 and how.. HTCdev did not work not did rumrunner