Problem with newest update

Vyp3rX

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've just updated my HTC One 2 days ago. The current software is as follow
-Android version: 4.4.2
-HTC Sense version: 6.0
-Software number: 5.12.707.3

TBH, I'm an absolute noob when it comes to phone OS so I'm not too sure which update it was that I just received. It's basically the one where the gallery has been updated to have a slide show at the top of each folder. Anyway, after the update, everything seems to be laggy. My whatsapp would crash every few minutes. The phone would get really hot. It's getting very frustrating. I just wanna know if this is something that others are experiencing on the new update or if it's just my phone. If anyone else is having the same problem, is there any possible fix?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

This isn't surprising with a recent OS update. Have you tried fully shutting down the phone then restarting it to see if that improves things? You mentioned whatsapp would crash you could try clearing cache on that app and see if that helps things.

Worse case you may need to perform a factory reset to give everything a fresh start with the new update.

GalleryProbs

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I made an album called folder and I can't find it anywhere in my gallery. I also can't view my screenshots. I keep un-hiding it and hiding it seeing if that will work but it won't let me view it. With the new album I made called "Folder" I can't even find it in my show/hide albums.

Vyp3rX

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

This isn't surprising with a recent OS update. Have you tried fully shutting down the phone then restarting it to see if that improves things? You mentioned whatsapp would crash you could try clearing cache on that app and see if that helps things.

Worse case you may need to perform a factory reset to give everything a fresh start with the new update.

Nothing worked so I had to do a factory reset. So far, everything seems fine, performance wise. However, before the reset, my battery drain was really bad. I'm waiting for the first charge to finish to see how the battery life is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance