Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Since the upgrade, my phone constantly says backup in progress. Have AT&T, anyone else have the same issue?

Under last backup it says none.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: backup

Hello,

Where is it displaying this backup in process?

Take a look under Settings/Accounts & Sync and see what might be hanging up. It will have that circular arrow icon where a sync/backup is in process. You might have to toggle the sync on/off.

Another suggestion would be to verify you are sync'd with your important items like contacts, etc and then log out of your Gmail account on the device and then log back in and see if that fixes the bug.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Now under backup it says failed backup, HTC backup services can't be reached at this time.

Have you tried the above suggestions that I made?
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I did try it, and then changed the backup account from HTC to Google. The backup message that was stuck at 70% complete went away. Not sure what the difference is between choosing HTC or Google for the backup account.

Probably sounds far out there but I have never backed up to HTC or HTC backup services. I have always made sure all my stuff is sync'd and backups going to Google for overall reliability.
    Paul

Are you set to backup over wifi only?

If you are go onto your data usage settings and look for the hotspot menu. Make sure that your trusted wifi networks (i.e. Home and work) are not marked as hotspots.

I have the same issue when backing up to the HTC account. I get a message saying: Backup failed, HTC backup services can't be reached at this time.

Hi all,

I had the same issue. I tried everything that I had read on forum threads but nothing worked. I eventually contacted HTC and this is what they said...

under settings > power, you have to disable the fast boot option. Then, turn off the phone and restart it after 5 seconds.Try backing up after the phone after it has rebooted. Most likely, it won't work but give it a go.

If the above doesn't work, restart your phone in safe mode. You can do this by turning off your phone and while booting, keep the 'volume down' button pressed. This will launch your phone in safe mode (you will notice the safe mode box on bottom left side of the screen). Safe mode disables all 3rd party apps and shows only HTC content. Try running the backup now and it should work!

The down side is that now, you will need to isolate the 3rd party app which might be causing an issue for failed backups.

Let me know how you guys go.

Thanks!
    1. HTC One/Silver 32gb/4.4.2
    2. LG G Pad 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by bacchus224 View Post
    Are you set to backup over wifi only?

If you are go onto your data usage settings and look for the hotspot menu. Make sure that your trusted wifi networks (i.e. Home and work) are not marked as hotspots.
    I had this problem a few weeks ago and this is what the problem was. It was also preventing music from being able to be downloaded to be stored locally from my Google Music subscription.