Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default What is draining my battery?

I downloaded the new update about a week ago and now my phone dies really fast when I'm not even using it. I used to be on it all day and still have battery.. it was great.

Now, I'll be at work for 6 hours not on it at all and when I get out it'll be at 10% when I went in to work on a full charge...

Help??

Default Re: What is draining my battery?

Download CPU spy from the play store and see if there is any app keeping your phone awake

Posted via Android Central App

Download better battery stats.
    And look under partial wake locks and kernal wakelock.

Sent from my MARCUS! using Tapatalk

My phone is also draining like crazy since the most recent Sense update. I haven't downloaded any new apps or changed anything so I'm not sure what the issue is. It's frequently is dropping more than 10-20% an hour and I'm not even using it! WTF?

Noticed battery drain as well after the update.
    I also noticed that the update turned off the developer options so i had to go back in and turn off the animations.

My post Sense 6 battery drain has been horrible. A very significant change for the worse.

Sent from my HTC One
    Via Tapatalk
    Michael

HTC One
    Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

I've attached a screenshot from Better Battery Stats. What does this mean?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is draining my battery?-43197.jpg  
    1. HTC One/Silver 32gb/4.4.2
    2. LG G Pad 8.3

Try downloading gsam and posting screen shots after some usage

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

What is draining my battery?-batlife1.jpgWhat is draining my battery?-batlife2.jpg

Here you go friend. Finally got some time to do this. I've thought since the update that it's my background screen.. it forces me to have news updates or ESPN updates.. whatever. Before the update I just had a plain black screen with that stuff off.. now even if I click to remove that from my main screen it doesn't go off.

Here you see I have 93% when I go into work. I didn't touch my phone for 4 1/2 hours and when I go on break at 1pm it's nearly dead. And it did die at some point during my hour break as well.

Hi in the second screen you can see that is says the your screen has been on for 3 hours and your cell radio for 5 hours ... The screen has used up 72% of your battery , I would say that this is your symptom to a problem which is , why is your screen stay on .
    I suggest you check in your settings menu under screen display " Auto-off " or " sleep " setting is not set to stay on for more than a minute or two .
    From my personal experience , I had something similar happen to me and it turned out to be an app ...
    In your case it happened after your last update , so it could be the update is faulty or has , by accident , changed your settings .

I am not familiar with the ESPN app, perhaps it has a setting that allows it to keep the screen on or allowing it to wake the screen? Try to check the settings. Also, Can you manually turn the screen off?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk