Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How To Unblock HTC One M7

Hi All

I bought a HTC One (M7) off eBay over a year ago and it was working perfectly fine up until a few months ago were I found out that the person I had bought it from had got the phone carrier blocked.i was aware of this risk although I assumed if this was to happen, it would happen a few weeks into purchasing the phone rather than a month later.
    So I was wondering, can I get the phone unblocked ?! I am a UK resident and its locked to the EE network. I am also rooted as well . Thank You.
    I understand any risks and I wouldn't bother with this but I paid a lot kf money for the phone and I would like it back.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    6,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: How To Unblock HTC One M7

Were you told why the phone was locked?
    If they reported it lost or stolen, even if they had sold it to you, you are probably out of luck since carriers use an international data base for blacklisted IMEIs.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Were you told why the phone was locked?
    If they reported it lost or stolen, even if they had sold it to you, you are probably out of luck since carriers use an international data base for blacklisted IMEIs.
    I've tried numerous times to contact the person but to no avail and the network wont disclose any details of the person.
    I read somewhere that its possible to hide or change the IMEI number . Don't know if it'll work though

Default How To Unblock HTC One M7

Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Hi All

I bought a HTC One (M7) off eBay over a year ago and it was working perfectly fine up until a few months ago were I found out that the person I had bought it from had got the phone carrier blocked.i was aware of this risk although I assumed if this was to happen, it would happen a few weeks into purchasing the phone rather than a month later.
    So I was wondering, can I get the phone unblocked ?! I am a UK resident and its locked to the EE network. I am also rooted as well . Thank You.
    I understand any risks and I wouldn't bother with this but I paid a lot kf money for the phone and I would like it back.

You bought the phone over a year ago but the person blocked it a month after purchasing it but it was working up until a few months ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cnotes2019; 07-10-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: none

Global Posts
    6,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I've tried numerous times to contact the person but to no avail and the network wont disclose any details of the person.
    I read somewhere that its possible to hide or change the IMEI number . Don't know if it'll work though

Not legally there isn't.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    You bought the phone over a year ago but the person blocked it a month after purchasing it but it was working up until a few months ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The phone was working for roughly a year since I bought it but It stopped working a while ago,