My phone is stuck on the htc logo! Help me dag-nabit!!!!!

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I dont know why my original post was moved to the rooted t-mobile board, who is all the way over there handing out assistance?!?!?!!!! this seems like a hardware issue to me.

again:

Phone has been working on and off. Occasionally it would get caught in the restart loop but now it is just getting stuck on the logo. I can get into recovery, factory rest, wipe caches but after doing all that still it gets stuck. The phone is unlocked and rooted.. Can this be fixed or should I get a replacement???

response 1:

ROM? was that used during the jailbreaking process?

Didnt attempt to OTA (?) it just started with this out of nowhere.

The phone is T-Mobile.

By "working on and off" i mean the phone was working perfectly fine up until like a month ago when it started occasionally falling into a reboot loop. I would resolved that by factory reseting, it will work for a few days then go into the restarting again. now, after falling into yet another restart situation, and factory reseting (like the 5th time), the phone is just stuck on the HTC logo. I am able to access ClockworkMod Recovery but nothing I do inside here helps... Ive factory reset and emptied every emptyable cahe I see.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont know why my original post was moved to the rooted t-mobile board, who is all the way over there handing out assistance?!?!?!!!! this seems like a hardware issue to me.

again:

Phone has been working on and off. Occasionally it would get caught in the restart loop but now it is just getting stuck on the logo. I can get into recovery, factory rest, wipe caches but after doing all that still it gets stuck. The phone is unlocked and rooted.. Can this be fixed or should I get a replacement???

response 1:

ROM? was that used during the jailbreaking process?

Didnt attempt to OTA (?) it just started with this out of nowhere.

The phone is T-Mobile.

By "working on and off" i mean the phone was working perfectly fine up until like a month ago when it started occasionally falling into a reboot loop. I would resolved that by factory reseting, it will work for a few days then go into the restarting again. now, after falling into yet another restart situation, and factory reseting (like the 5th time), the phone is just stuck on the HTC logo. I am able to access ClockworkMod Recovery but nothing I do inside here helps... Ive factory reset and emptied every emptyable cahe I see.

Hello. I have a couple of questions.

What ROM were you running?
Can you mount in recovery?
Do you have S-OFF?

Just requesting some more info so I can help you out.

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I have a couple of questions.

What ROM were you running?
Can you mount in recovery?
Do you have S-OFF?

Just requesting some more info so I can help you out.

I dont remember, is there a place where it will tell me?

I havent tried to, Im at work but I will find out and report back later.

I dont know where to look for S-OFF.

I can get to the screen with the dudes on skateboards, when I enter recovery I load into ClockworkMOD recovery..

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont remember, is there a place where it will tell me?

I havent tried to, Im at work but I will find out and report back later.

I dont know where to look for S-OFF.

I can get to the screen with the dudes on skateboards, when I enter recovery I load into ClockworkMOD recovery..

You mean bootloader mode? That's how you get into CWM. On the top of that menu, you should see either S-ON or S-OFF.

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
alright so im trying to flash the TWRP to my phone but when i type "fastboot devices" into cmd i get: 'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command.... i also tried this on my work computer (mac) and it said: no fastboot devices recognized... or some ****.. any ideas? thanks btw.

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If you can mount in recovery, then try to flash another ROM.

If you can't, try a different computer, download different drivers, or maybe flash an RUU.

I figured out how to get fastboot working on this Mac at work.. after typing './fastboot devices' into terminal i get the serial number or whatever that is but now after proceeding to the next step,
"design-3:Android designer2$ fastboot flash recovery Desktop/twrp.img
-bash: fastboot: command not found
design-3:Android designer2$ ./fastboot flash recovery Desktop/twrp.img
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
error: cannot load 'Desktop/twrp.img': No such file or directory"

But the TWRP.img is on the desktop... I even tried moving it to the Android folder but still I get this error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908