Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wasb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC one purple camera tint (Semi Fixed)

Hello everyone,
    I had this camera purple issue in my first HTC one phone, i went to my local HTC center to fix it, they told me they can't fix it but they would replace my phone with a new one, so i'm using my replaced htc one right now, after two weeks i got the same camera problem again...
    Since it's a hardware problem, and i live in a middle east country, it's hard to fix it here, they can only replace it with another new one,

But i found a way to fix this problem, but it's not a major fix for it, so here what i've done

This is a picture with the purple camera tint issue:-

And this after i fixed it :-

I used the camera flash and Vsco Cam app to fix this, so i used the flash when i took the picture
    (only when i took the picture i used the flash, i didn't turn the flash on before taking the picture)
    Then i edit the picture on Vsco cam,
    Here what i've done:-
    1.temperature (-6)
    2.contrast (-6)
    3.exposure (+1)

I know it's a long way to fix this problem, but it's way better than showing your friends a picture with a purple tint on it, so i hope i helped you guys...
    Peace

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Wasb; 07-24-2014 at 08:11 AM.
    Thanked by:
    TarekElsakka likes this.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

Default Re: HTC one purple camera tint (Semi Fixed)

Well, that definitely looks miles better than the picture with the purple tint. I must say that the purple tint is just about the only thing I absolutely hate about my HTC One, and also one of the very few reasons I want to jump to the M8 instead. I love my M7 and it is definitely the best device I've ever used, but the purple tint really throws me off especially when trying to take pictures in the street at night where lower-end phones can take much clearer pictures.

I am going to try your fix, thanks man!
    HTC One M8 - ViperOne 2.3.0
    HTC One M7 - InsertCoin 4.0.2
    BlackBerry 9900

My m7 had tint from New. Had another issue so sent to HTC and told them about camera. Got phone back 6 days later and camera fixed. Every picture is so much better not just the removal of tint on low light. Send it back to HTC

Posted via Android Central App

Hi there, i had the same problem with my used m7. I bought one of those camera on ebay and now the phone is back in business so far so good. Easy process with just follow the instructions from youtube (check the video with a guys using an atm card). If you have any question let me know.

Hi kaimanson, which camera did you buy?
    I bought one and the purple was worse than before.

Cheers
    Mike