Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I flash twrp.img to my phone????

long story short. I have an HTC one, it is currently unable to move past the initial logo upon booting.
    trying to flash new rom.. i guess.. Finally got fastboot and abd to install properly but now I am getting this error:
    C:\Users\Gateway>fastboot devices
    FA425W909681 fastboot

C:\Users\Gateway>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    error: cannot open 'twrp.img'

After several attempts at doing this from numerous online resources I AM FRUSTRATED. Can someone who has actually made this work respond. I will take instructions for MAC or PC, please.

rooted, tmobile, htc one.

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: How do I flash twrp.img to my phone????

Quote Originally Posted by TacoGobbler View Post
    long story short. I have an HTC one, it is currently unable to move past the initial logo upon booting.
    trying to flash new rom.. i guess.. Finally got fastboot and abd to install properly but now I am getting this error:
    C:\Users\Gateway>fastboot devices
    FA425W909681 fastboot

C:\Users\Gateway>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    error: cannot open 'twrp.img'

After several attempts at doing this from numerous online resources I AM FRUSTRATED. Can someone who has actually made this work respond. I will take instructions for MAC or PC, please.

rooted, tmobile, htc one.
    Hello.

Is the twrp.img located in the same folder as the fastboot files?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Hello.

Is the twrp.img located in the same folder as the fastboot files?
    yea.

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

Mate, can you please remove the TWRP .img you have and redownload one from TWRP's website? Here's a link to their latest version to make it easier: Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img

After doing so, place the recovery inside your fastboot folder and rename it to recovery.img, open a command prompt window from inside that folder by holding SHIFT and clicking the right mouse button and choosing "Open command prompt window here" then

Code:
    fastboot devices
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    And after it hopefully says successful wipe your cache

Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    And you're good to go!

EDIT: I'd actually try wiping your cache BEFORE and after the process.
    HTC One M8 - ViperOne 2.3.0
    HTC One M7 - InsertCoin 4.0.2
    BlackBerry 9900
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    Mate, can you please remove the TWRP .img you have and redownload one from TWRP's website? Here's a link to their latest version to make it easier: Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img

After doing so, place the recovery inside your fastboot folder and rename it to recovery.img, open a command prompt window from inside that folder by holding SHIFT and clicking the right mouse button and choosing "Open command prompt window here" then

Code:
    fastboot devices
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    And after it hopefully says successful wipe your cache

Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    And you're good to go!

EDIT: I'd actually try wiping your cache BEFORE and after the process.
    DAMN that worked. you are the truth for real.. but if you can, please... now, inside the Team Win app i swiping to sideload and its stuck 'starting ADB sideload feature...' when i enter 'adb devices' in cmd it dosent list the serial number, just a blank spot. what now...thanks bruh.

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

You're most welcome man! Well, that means there's an issue with the HTC drivers installed on your computer (or maybe they aren't even installed), so download and install the latest HTC Sync (Google it), then restart your computer and repeat the process.
    HTC One M8 - ViperOne 2.3.0
    HTC One M7 - InsertCoin 4.0.2
    BlackBerry 9900
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    You're most welcome man! Well, that means there's an issue with the HTC drivers installed on your computer (or maybe they aren't even installed), so download and install the latest HTC Sync (Google it), then restart your computer and repeat the process.

Could this 'adb-setup-1.3.exe' that i installed the adb w be the reason why my device is not showing up in the cmd? i did as you prescribed above but still it resists....why... i reinstalled sync and all that.. the driver successfully installed......i dont know.